Some groups of people have turned Holiness into clothing but Holiness is more than that. If Holiness was just about dressing, then all men are Holy while most women are not….but we know this is not true, so let’s explore the true meaning of Holiness.
- When you give your life to Christ and the Spirit of God dwells inside you.
You become a Holy person.
- When you expose yourself to pornography and the Spirit of God departs, you are not Holy until you repent and the Spirit returns to you.
This is why David prayed and plead with God saying: “Take not thy Holy Spirit from me” after he committed adultery and was caught, he knew Holiness had departed from him, so Holiness is more than dressing my sisters.
- Holiness is inside your heart: when someone offends you and you forgive, you keep your Holiness but when someone offends you and you keep grudges, even if you dress like mother Mary, my sister you are not Holy o.
- Holiness is outward too: when you dress up and you are deliberate not to make men or women lust after you, I’m not saying you should look weird or look unkempt, not at all. Dress like a normal human being and do not expose too much flesh. When you Dress neat and decent with no desire to “catch”, “slay” or “kill” any man or woman, you keep your Holiness.
But when you dress and your breast is a highlight, your behind is a back-light and when anyone sees you, they just want to have sex with you….you are not Holy.
- Holiness is your ability to resist temptation.
Can you say No to your ex-girlfriend after you become a married man?
Can you say No to a rich man who wants to make you his second wife?
Remember, he can buy you anything your heart desires,
Can you resist stealing money from church offering?
Can you resist lying to get promotion at work?
If you can practice this as a Christian, you keep your Holiness, if not pray and ask God to make you Holy
- Holiness is Humility: If you thank God for your salvation, and you pray for others more than you assault their page in the comment section and you encourage people to seek God personally instead of seeking followers that will be imitating your dressing, then you keep your Holiness.
But if you go about Crucifying everyone because they don’t dress exactly like you, especially those who are not exposing their bodies but you declare that they must dress just like you, they must attend your church and style their hair just like you before they become Holy.
Infact, you attack them for not following your personal convictions and you never preach salvation, all you preach is dressing, hair and makeup…..guess what?
You are looking for a proselyte not the salvation of souls, therefore you are not Holy.
Repent and ask the Lord to help you see that it’s not your dressing that saved you. It is the Spirit that saved you to dress well.
Newness of Life
Spirit Controlled/Spirit Filled
Separated from sin and sinful associations
The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Holiness and Holiness is not just your dressing. Don’t allow religious people to fool you, they are not born again and so the devil uses them to focus your attention on dressing as a form of distraction and when you focus on dressing you lose sight of Christ who wants to save you.
Beware of those Holiness sisters/brothers, a lot of them may not be born again. It’s just a uniform they are wearing.
Holiness is not an outfit, it’s a lifestyle.
For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness, even so you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
Bible references: Matthew 5:20, Hebrews 7:25, Psalm 51, 2 Samuel 11, Matthew 23, Galatians 5:22-23, Romans 6.