One of the lovely places on earth today is China. The East Asia country has a vast landscape comprising grassland, desert and more than 14,000km of coastline. China is a historical country where creativity and innovation reside; China is known for her technological prowess. China has contributed immensely to the development of the world economy as virtually all household material are made in China.
There are so many events and practices that are obscure to people about China. Though, everyone knows China is the most populous country in the world with a whooping population of 1.3 billion, taking 18.47% of the total world population. However, here are 10 unknown facts about China;
- Toilet paper was invented in China around 1300: China has been doing great from the early age; only few knew the toilet paper we use today originated from China. This is one of the numerous contributions China has done for the world.
- The Chinese invented paper, the compass, gunpowder and printing: Do not be bemused to hear this, China is one of the earliest civilized countries in the world. Chinese are great thinkers and inventors; they work effortless to proffer solutions and come up with domestic aids for the populace.
- White is the mourning and funeral color in China: In contrast to the normal custom of wearing black for mourning deceased ones and funeral rites, China use white color for this purpose.
- Cricket fighting is a popular amusement in China: Cricket is one of the amazing creatures on earth; children in China keep crickets as pest.
- Chinese discovered that blood circulates through the body and that the heart pumped the blood: Major medical knowledge today was first discovered and assumed in China before other nations worked on this basic knowledge to provide a more detailed and comprehensive theories we use today.
- Martial arts are practiced throughout China: Parts of the major defense skills in China are the martial arts. These practices are traditional defense mechanism in China from the early age, it is currently practiced in China amongst children and adults. China’s culture has been preserved and maintained till date.
- The most important holiday in China is the Chinese New Year or lunar New Year: Unlike other countries, the most remarkable and celebrated day in China is the Chinese New Year or lunar New Year. This day is the most remarkable day in China, always full of merriments and fun making across the nation.
- The oldest piece of paper in the world was found in China: China has been in existence since the days of yore; this paper was dated back to the first or second century BC. China is a historical center.
- Suspension bridges were invented in China in 25 B.C: Magnificent structures were first built in China before other countries trapped the idea. As said earlier, Chinese are naturally blessed and endowed with knowledge to drive and lead the world in all ramifications.
- The 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China were the world most expensive game in history. The sporting events were estimated to cost a whooping sum of $40 billion.
China is historic; China is a great citadel of knowledge. Expertise of different fields, especially engineering, medicine and applied sciences; are based in China. Talk of technology; they are at the helm of technological developments and growth. With huge population, China economy is very buoyant; people live happily in China with great peace and harmony.