Advice I Would Give Unmarried Males Before They Enter Into Marriage. *It seems Females get so many advices while the Males get little or Wrong Advices*
1. Ensure you are looking for a wife to marry; not a slave to do your labour; a househelp to clean,cook and do laundry for you or a baby-carrying-machine just to deliver your children.
A good wife will do all these for you if you love her like a wife and marry her for the right reasons.
2. Ensure you are compatible in these areas.
Two cannot work together except they agree.
3. Know yourself. Know your capabilities, your unique gifts and strengths so you will be sure where you are going is a perfect place to nurture your gifts. There is a relationship environment that will snuff life out of your dreams.
4. Ask yourself, if she will be my helper, in what way do I need to prepare myself, develop myself and discover the vision and purpose she will help me with. Nobody helps nothing.
5. Pray and seek direction from God before the butterflies start flying all over your tummy. Don’t fall in love until you are sure God is in it. It is easy to fall out of love as it is to fall in love.
6. Abhor Laziness and Dirtiness. (it puts every Lady off). Groom well, shave and avoid body ordour. Wash your boxers and socks often.
7. Your marriage will only be a function of what you bring into it. Marriage is never on autopilot. Don’t assume that marriage will become sweet on its own. As you make your marriage, so shall you live in it.
8. No person is perfect. But make sure you marry a Lady who fears God and is teachable. Those curves and firm breasts will soon become a thing of the past in a few years of marriage.
9. Don’t say, “She will love me just as I am”. Nobody likes rubbish. Work on yourself! Yam is good… But we only eat yam when it is cooked. Eating it raw is Madness o!
10. Don’t marry as a boy and please don’t marry a girl (Maturity is not about age, but about ability to intentionally, consciously and deliberately make positive decisions and exercise solid self control, after well processed thoughts)
11. Finally, never assume you are doing a Lady favour by marrying her. You are not doing her a favour. You are the one who obtains favour by marrying the right woman. 😂 😂 😂 😂
Pastor Ifeoma Eze.