Some of my observations in fish farming are more or less basic principles of catfish farming. Once they are observed, success is inevitable. If you want to get good results, then these basic principles of catfish farming must be duly taken care of in your farms. I assure you, once you can observe the best practices in catfish farming as listed below, your return on catfish farming investment is guaranteed. The following are the summary of basic best practices in catfish farming:
1. Underfeeding encourages cannibalism and uneven growth/development . Don’t forget that it is natural for a hungry fish to feed on another hungry fish. Ensure you feed your fish well.
2. The usage of supplementary feed like offal, poultry waste, meat waste, maggot, earthworms, blood waste, etc. are never a bad idea provided they do not cost more than normal pellets. Don’t forget that they are wastes and they should be treated as supplementary feed, not real feed. Do not reject them if you can get them free or at cheaper price. Combining the usage of normal pellet and supplementary feed will help your fish to feed on variety of diets.
3. Water management is one of the core aspects of catfish farming that you must master. If possible, make your pond free of pollution. A good fish is a product of good habitat in this case water.
4. A deep pond produces good results but your pond must not be too deep . A minimum of four feet and maximum of seven feet of water level is recommended for your pond . Shallow ponds produce small fishes except in a very rare situation where flow-through is in place.
5. Avoid usage of drugs when your fishes are healthy , except for routine management purposes. Ensure that your fishes do not develop resistance to drugs by avoiding it when necessary.
6. Never sell your fishes when they are still under medication . Ensure you maintain at least seven days withdrawal period before sales of your fishes. Do not sell disease infected fish.
7. Do not sell YOUR FISH before maturity . Make sure you plan the sales of YOUR FISH as you are stocking them. Impulse sales will not favor you as a farmer. Sell your fish to the BEST customer as YOU DEEM fit.
8. Security of your farm is the most important aspect of your investment in catfish farming . Ensure you protect your farm from theft and FLOOD…
Special credit and Regards to the writer, isn’t it? 😊
👉Remember Tarpaulin Fish Pond is the most cost effective for Fish farming… If You need the quality one that will last you long with a water regulator facility which regulate excess water and prevent flooding during raining time, reach out to our careline via a call or whatsapp on 08161137111 …
Also, are you a newbie in fish farming or interested in fish farming business, or you want to improve your knowledge in fish farming…?
Enroll for our online fish farming lecture. WE HAVE TRAINING FOR BEGINNER LEVEL COURSE AND ADVANCE LEVEL COURSE FOR CATFISH FARMERS, AND WE HAVE also have TRAINING FOR TILAPIA FISH FARMING… ENROLL NOW.
MADE EASY TARPAULIN FISH PONDS
While we sell tarpaulin pond we also train on fish farming, offer consultation service, SALES OF FISH and fish equipments.