Spread the love
TOPIC: A LEADER NEEDS BEHAVIOURAL WISDOM
SCRIPTURE:1 Samuel 18: 14. And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! It was Billy Graham of blessed memory that said, “when wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.”
Your character is your behaviour! And everyone behaves to the best of their knowledge. As a leader, there is little you can actually achieve if you have a weak character.
Hence the Holy Ghost is saying give attention to wisdom on how to behave!
What do we mean by behavioural wisdom?
It simply means wisdom on how to behave! Our anchor scripture says “and David behaved himself wisely!” It means he knew what to do, how to do it when to do it and he did it timely. This informed David’s character!
This is wisdom on display! It is quite unfortunate that today many children of God are lacking in wisdom on how to behave which has made them fall prey to their enemies!
Why do you need behavioural wisdom?
1. It brings acceptance: Your behaviour determines your acceptance (1Sam.18:5): David was well accepted by the servants of Saul when he was made Chief of Army staff to the army of Israel because they observed how he behaved himself wisely. Our behaviour in public places most time shows how wise or unwise we are, and how acceptable we become.
I’m aware that everybody must not like you, however every body must not hate you too! If there are virtues of excellence, , patience, diligence, faithfulness, love etc in you, then you become acceptable. Wisdom is profitable in all things.
2. It makes your enemy fear you: If you cannot behave yourself wisely, your enemy will not fear you (1Sam18:15)! Your enemy will only be afraid of you when they see the wisdom of God at work in you. When they set their trap and you see it afar off, you just laugh at them because you know what to do! Wisdom at work!
3. It shows effective representation of our God. The God we call our Father is the only wise God(1Tim1:17)! So behaving wisely means we are in touch with His wisdom! Like Father, like son! Besides, God expect us to conduct ourselves wisely :
Romans 16: 19. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
4. It grants us access to the good things of life: Our access to the good things of life depends on our behaviour (Prov.16:20): Your behaviour before your destiny helper can either keep the door God has opened, closed or remain open. There are relationships many have lost because of foolish behaviour! There are jobs many have lost because of bad character! Today receive wisdom for good manners in Jesus name.
Beloved, I don’t know the areas where you have character defects! But I know a man who has the cure to evey defect in character, His name is Jesus. Come to Jesus today, for a refix of bad behavior, damaged character or wreckless life. Do you desire wisdom on how to behave, turn to Jesus the fountain of wisdom.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real, where we spent our eternity depends on the choice we make today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
Lord, I receive grace to behave myself wisely everyday in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the release of grace to be well behaved in the name of Jesus.
– Every relationship you have lost because of foolishness, may the mercy of God restore them in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.