Spread the love
MOMENT OF DAILY ENCOUNTER (
TOPIC: A LEADER NEEDS WISDOM FOR WITTY INVENTIONS
Scripture :Proverbs 8: 12. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! It was Thomas Edison that said that “genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.” Invention is hard work, but it is possible with the help of wisdom!
Any leader who wants to remain relevant must possess the wisdom for witty (smart/clever) inventions.Today, the Holy Ghost is shedding light on the wisdom for witty inventions!
What is invention?
There are three words that are oftentimes used to mean the same thing as invention but they are not! The words are :
1. Innovation which is the process of turning a new concept into commercial success or the process of introducing new ideas or methods.
2. Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality. The ability to make new things or the quality of being creative.
3.Invention is the physical creation of a new concept or idea. It is productive imagination. Invention cannot occur without creativity, but just creativity is not enough to properly develop an idea.
Beloved, do you desire to invent and create values that will put a smile on someone’s face?
Then you must heed to the call of wisdom:
Proverbs 8: 1. Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? 4. Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man. 5. O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
Examples of men with wisdom of witty inventions;
1. Abraham (Gen. 13:5-6):He invented the cattle ranch system.
2. Jacob(Gen.30:37-42): He invented the biotechnology that is useful in science today.
3. King Uzziah: He invented security apparatus;
2 Chronicles 26: 15. And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong.
And contemporary times we have:
1. Thomas Edison
Edison was the archetypal inventor and epitomises the American spirit of inquiry and entrepreneurship. A shrewd businessman with unbridled imagination, he is credited with thousands of inventions, including the photography, the electric light bulb, the telephone (although Alexander Graham Bell made it to the patent office first on that occasion), the movie camera, the microphone and alkaline batteries.
2. Archimedes: He invented the pulley, the lever, the catapult etc
3. Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin was one of the people who invented America!
But the man now hailed as America’s first scientist was also a printer, an activist, a statesman and a diplomat—and above all a respected inventor and engineer. His legacy includes the lightning conductor, bifocal lenses, etc.
How did they come about these invention?
Our anchor scripture reveals that:
Proverbs 8: 12. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
The discovery of innovative ideas is a brain child of a wisdom! So if you are interested in invention, wisdom is calling for you. As a leader, if you are not inventing anything, you will soon lose your relevance.
Even our Creator attests to the fact that wisdom was with Him while the world was created!
Proverbs 8: 22. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
So those lofty goals and ideas of yours can only become reality by wisdom.
How to contact wisdom of invention?
1. Be born again (Jn. 3:3)
2. Be in love with God(1Kg.3:3)
3. Be in love with wisdom(Prov.8:17)
4. Seek for wisdom :
Prov. 8:17. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Remember this :Heaven is real and hell is real, the choice of eternity begins now!
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive grace to be in love with wisdom in Jesus name
– I prophesy the release of wisdom of witty inventions, receive it now in the name of Jesus
– The invention that will make you a force and a voice to reckon with, receive the wisdom for it in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.