TOPIC: ACTION AS A PILLAR OF FAITH
Scripture: James 2: 26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of our study on the pillars of faith, we established that faith is likened to a superstructure that has pillars as support. Some of these pillars include hope, love, confidence, understanding and conviction. Today, we shall yet consider another interesting pillar and that is the pillar of ACTION!
From our anchor scripture(Jam.2:26), action is described as work. It is the proof of our conviction. If you claim to be convinced and there’s no action, then you are not really convinced! The proof of your persuasion is action. The proof that you believe is action. Until you
are persuaded to the point of taking action, you are not yet persuaded.
Types of action;
2 Corinthians 4: 13. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
This is declaration on the strength of your conviction! You have the word of faith, you understand it and it produces deep conviction in your heart, you then open your mouth to speak in consistency with your conviction.
Why do we confess with our mouth?
A. It is because Satan bows(Lk 21:15)
Luke 10: 19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
B. It is because Angels will act on what you say:
Ecclesiastes 5: 6. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?*
C. It is because God backs what you say:
Isaiah 44: 26. That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:
2. The action of giving (Gen.8:22, Lk.6:38): This is the action of parting with what you have based on the conviction that in this kingdom we don’t own anything, we are simply stewards of whatever is in our possession.
3. The action of physical steps of moving your body for those trusting God for healing. Stand up now and behave like some one who is truly convinced that he/she is healed
4. The action of obedience to receive instructions: This is the most difficult part of the faith action because at this point most people doubt the instructions they have received. Some even begin to bind the devil thinking that it is the devil that is giving them instructions.
Beloved, if you have ever received any instruction from God and failed to take action, that may be the last time you will hear God talking on that issue. To continuously hear God, we must obey the last instruction because God is only committed to the point of your last instruction.
Why is action a pillar of faith?
1. Action is the life of faith.
James 2: 26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
2. Action is what gives motion to faith. Every power inherent in faith is released at the point of action!(Acts 14: 9,10)
3. It is the action of faith that produces the reaction of God. God never moves until you move (Mark 5: 28,29)
Beloved, action as a pillar of faith is so vital, that if you don’t take action with all the word sent to you, it will never profit you. It defines your persuasion/conviction because to the degree you are convinced is how much you will act.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision of where to spend eternity is best made while alive, there is no room for that after leaving this world.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord help me to take action in line with my conviction in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the restoration of all that you have lost as a result of inaction in the name of Jesus.
– Receive the grace to take action that corresponds with your conviction and let your desired miracle manifest speedily in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.