TOPIC: AGAPE – THE MORE EXCELLENT WAY (PART 2)
Scripture : 1 John 4: 7. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! It was St. Augustine that said, “our hearts are restless until they rest in God.” The longing for love in our hearts is ultimately a longing for God who is Love.
This is why no matter what a man may have acquired in life without God, it is still not complete! True to the word of St Augustine, no heart is truly resting without God because there’s a void in every heart that only God can fill!
Beloved filling up the void in our hearts is the most important thing that can happen to any man. One of the greatest needs of our lives is love! We want to hang around men who promise to love us or show it in one way or the other! A young lady will abandon her parents to go with the object of her love! No wonder the Bible said;
Song of Solomon 8: 7. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
However, of all the various kinds of love, none can be compared to Agape! This is why agape is the more excellent way. The agape love is the God kind of love that does not discriminate! And we looked at some of its characteristics yesterday. Today we shall continue in it.
The characteristics of Agape love include :
1. It Rejoiceth Not In Iniquity(1Cor.13:6):It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Do you rejoice when others fall into sin? Are you happy seeing your fellow Christian fall into temptation?
Oh perhaps, you avail yourself to be a tool in the hands of the devil to drag your brother or sister into iniquity! Then this agape love is absent in you.
2. It Rejoiceth In The Truth(1Cor.13:6): This love only rejoices when others are catching the truth. This love celebrates the truth.
3. Beareth All Things(1Cor.13:7): It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Do you have a limit of what you will endure from others or do you trust God to supply the love and grace to endure patiently?
4. Believeth All Things(1Cor.13:7) It bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person. This is the love that made you to believe the best is yet to come from any individual.
5. Hopeth All Things(1Cor.13:7): Its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything. Do you expect good in others when they stray from God or do you give up on people? Then this love is yet to manifest in you.
6. Endureth All Things
This God kind of love has no limit to what it can endure for the good of the one loved.
7. Never Faileth(1Cor.13:8):The God kind of love has no end, hence it cannot fail. This idea where people say it is over is not the love of God because the love of God for mankind is never over until that man dies.
So if we possess agape kind of love, the world will be a better place. Agape is the only reason why someone can be maltreating you yet, you are still interested in his salvation.
Let me share a little testimony along that line: my senior brother got converted from Islam through this way. The wife got converted first and her husband persecuted her greatly! With all the maltreatment, her love for her husband did not waver neither did she insult him.
This sent a strong message that led my brother to go to church and see what it was they were giving his wife that made her to endure all the maltreatment! And that day my brother was arrested by the Holy Spirit and he gave his life to Christ. If his wife did not endure the maltreatment, that soul wouldn’t have been worn.
Beloved, do you desire this kind of love that is described as the more excellent way? Then you must be born again. And after you are born again allow the Holy Spirit to shed this love into your heart (Rom.5:5)
If you will like to be born again pray thus :
Father I come to you today in the name of your son Jesus, I believe Jesus died for my sin and was raised up for my justification, I confess Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, I promise to serve you forever in Jesus name.
If you prayed the above prayer kindly chat me up privately.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord I ask your Holy Spirit to flood my soul with your love in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
Grace to love like God will love, receive it now in Jesus name.
Your time has come for testimony! You are blessed!
From your brother Alex
God bless you.