WE HAVE A LOT OF IMMATURE AND ILL BUILT INDIVIDUALS FULL OF THE ANOINTING BUT ALSO FULL OF IMMATURITY AND CHILDISHNESS AND WE ARE HERE TO BRIDGE THAT GAP.
ANY SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING THAT CANNOT FIND AN EXPRESSION IN NATION BUILDING IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO EXPOSE PEOPLE TO OPPORTUNITIES THAT ARE BEYOND THEIR LEVEL OF TRANSFORMATION.
FULFILLMENT IS THE SATISFACTION DERIVED FROM KNOWING THAT YOU HAVE LIVED YOUR LIFE SERVING THE PURPOSES OF THE KINGDOM AND BEING A BLESSING TO HUMANITY.
MAY THE LORD MULTIPLY YOU AND MAY YOU NOT BE FEW. MAY THE LORD GLORIFY YOU AND MAY YOU NOT BE SMALL!
-Apostle Joshua Selman at Koinonia School of Ministry Graduation (KSOM), Abuja Campus.
I’ll like us to honour Dr Linus Okorie. God bless you Sir.
Let’s me once again, whilst we are still standing honour and celebrate everyone, those invited and those who have come just to grace this occasion. Praise the name of the Lord.
2 Timothy 2:1-2
This is the driving force behind Koinonia School of Ministry.
The approach to our leadership includes:
- Methodical approach of transference of knowledge. There is no methodical growth to the individuals. We award degree of all sorts today when assessed, if they do qualify, they are awarded all kinds of certifications.
That must be the same approach as far as mentorship is concerned in the body of Christ. We must sustain the intelligence, we must come together with a body of spiritual truth that can also translate into wisdom that changes society, any nation and any continent at all. I have always held the belief that any spiritual understanding that cannot find an expression in nation building is absolutely useless.
That means regardless what we know and believe about God, there must be an expression of that knowledge that can build people in society.
We must be able to translate the reality of the life of God that is within us and the intelligence of the Kingdom to a context that can build nations.
So, the first strategy is mentorship. To submit the students through a series of methodical trainings cut across several areas of life.
- Impartation. We know that in this realm as Kingdom people, it does not just end with knowledge; there is an engracing ministry. It is not limited to those who are called in the society.
Kingdom ambassadors mean those who are called into the five-hold ministry as we know it and then all who desire to be effective as far as representing the purposes of the Kingdom across every strata of human activities are concerned.
Most times men of God from a very sincere perspective ignore the place of knowledge, transformation and re-orientation. What this approach has brought have not ended up being useful to the Body of Christ nor society so we have a lot of immature, ill-built individuals who are full of the anointing and with that anointing full of immaturity and childishness. This is an attempt to bridge that gap.
This was the same model that Jesus used when he walked upon the earth. He did not rush to lay hands and impact upon the people, He submitted them, beginning from his discourse that we know theologically speaking to be the beatitudes.
He began to teach them on the matters of the Kingdom up until Acts chapter 1 – That was the official end of His lecture. Ten days after the end of His lecture, the Bible says the Holy Spirit came.
You can see the product of that approach from 120 people to thousands, professing Christians.
This is also a call to use this same model, not just in ministry; in business. The first point of call in building people is transformation, not impartation. We must be careful to not expose people unnecessarily to opportunities that are beyond their level of transformation. It will prove to be a waste of time and energy.
WHY ARE WE HERE TONIGHT?
- To thank the Lord for His wisdom. For the Bible declares; Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. Except the Lord watches the City, the watchman watcheth but in vain. It is vain for you to wake up early and to sleep late at night, only to eat the bread of sorrows. But He giveth his beloved sleep.
So, we are here to acknowledge Jesus who is the Builder of the Church. It is not within the power of any man unassisted to build another man; not God’s way.
It will take the partnership of the Spirit and the bride to build any man. So we are here to acknowledge His faithfulness and His wisdom.
- To finish the second half of our approach to building leaders and building ambassadors. I choose to call them ambassadors because an ambassador is one who is sent with an understanding that he does not necessarily have an agenda of his own but he is there to please the One who sent him.
- To possibly inspire and challenge someone tonight that where you are like Dr Linus so profoundly said while he was speaking may not be the best. At any level whatsoever, there is always room to aspire for more in Christ and in knowledge. We can do so much not just for ourselves or our families but for this Nation and this Continent.
It is my proposition therefore that whilst we witness all that will be happening here, more than appreciating the intelligence of a man, leadership, the efforts of the people and a ministry, I hope and pray that we’ll be able to draw lasting inspiration from this that will happen tonight and from it will come very strong resolutions to improve our lives, understanding, approach to living; leadership, success and fulfilment.
For the past eight years, every time we teach the students, they seem to love the fourth course called personal transformation and this is because the course was intended to do an inner work in the individual. We address subjects like identity crisis and the concept of success and fulfilment from God’s way.
I came up with a definition many years ago that inspired me so much about success and fulfilment.
I used to think that all a man needed to do and pursue was success until I found out that success cannot reward you. The very idea of success comes from imparting others. That the only reward a man is capable of giving himself is fulfilment.
Fulfilment is the satisfaction that is derived from knowing that you have lived your life effectively serving the purposes of the Kingdom and being a blessing to humanity – this is my definition of fulfilment. Diligence, sacrifices of all sorts, we have discussed, prayed, laughed, cried and this is only the beginning.
Praise the name of the Lord.
I want to thank friends and family, all those who have come and travelled from far and all the graduating students. I pray and trust that the Lord will help us in Jesus’ name.
If it is true for the spirit of wisdom, it will be true for the spirit of knowledge and any dimension of the Spirit. The purpose of impartation is not for showmanship.
Unfortunately and sadly so, our world today has abused the whole idea of the anointing and impartation. We read in scripture that impartation when done God’s way sustains the power to transform an individual’s life to manifest.
The gifts are not talents; He gave men to men. The gifts have an assignment to prepare God’s people for the work of service so that the Body of Christ may be built up. The men that He has given have the mandate of equipping and maturing the saints so that the saints will do the work of the ministry.
The work of the ministry is any and every activity that culminates in revealing Jesus, bringing glory to Him and being a blessing to humanity.
What you are about to receive is not a mere touching of the hands upon your head by a man of God. No!
Are we ready?
- In the name of Jesus Christ, I decree and I declare over you that every door that has been closed over your life and your destiny before now, by the power that raised Jesus from the dead, that door is opened now!
- (Revelation 3:8) In the name of Jesus by the mystery of the key of David, I declare that every door that has refused to open, I stand by the Apostolic and the prophetic; I speak to that door, be opened now!
- Receive access to systems and structures in the name of Jesus Christ. By this grace upon your life, find visibility and acceptance in the name of Jesus Christ!
- By reason of this impartation, everything in your life connected to ancestry, bloodlines, territories, all kinds of demonic things that came with background. By the power that raised Christ from the dead, it dies now!
- For those of you who God is going to be sending into ministry, the five-hold ministry; in the name of Jesus, may you do ministry with power. You will never be frustrated in ministry!
- For those called into business, politics and every area of assignment; I empower you to excel in the name of Jesus!
- Whoever fights you from today goes down instantly! Because of you, every other person connected to you who has not risen before now; I declare that as you rise, they rise. As you prosper, they prosper. As you increase, they increase in the name of Jesus Christ.
- There is a grace called the “Hear ye him anointing”. It is the grace that can give a man visibility. There is a grace that compels systems and structures to pay attention. As God has freely granted that grace; may it rest upon you in the name of Jesus!
- I pray for you in the name of Jesus, every spirit that wants to cut short your life to see that you do not fulfill the fullness of your days; by reason of this impartation, we shut the mouth of the grave. You are covered as you fly in the air. You are covered on land and by sea in the name of Jesus Christ!
- By reason of this impartation, whatever is yours and has refused to come to you, wherever it is on this earth, by the power of the prophetic; I command it to find its way back to your destiny in the name of Jesus!
- Anyone suffering from any terminal disease; blood disease or anything. In the name of Jesus Christ, once it is what Jesus did not plant in your body, let it leave that body now!
- Anytime you call one man, may nation answer you. You will never be without help and support whether in ministry or business in the name of Jesus!
- Anyone and any nation that needs what you carry; in the name of Jesus, those who need you in dreams and visions, God will reveal you to them!
- May the Lord multiply you and may you not be few. May the Lord glorify you and May you not be small in the name of Jesus Christ!
- At the end of your life, you will not become an unfortunate story for people to learn a lesson from.
In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.