You will agree with me that globally in the world today, one of the greatest need of people is finances, people are crying to God every day for financial provision, in most churches today, the major need or desire is financial breakthrough, but is God not hearing? God is surely hearing, but we need to understand that God has principles and strategies by which he operates; he is a covenant keeping God, not a Father Christmas God.
As long as we don’t understand his ways, we can’t command his act, it is not enough to pray, we need to have the requisite spiritual understanding of how God operates. I will be sharing some of these principles here today by the Grace of God.
The Bible say; Brethren, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth, So God desires his people to prosper, he want them to flourish, he want everything to go well with them, he says, whatsoever you lay your hands upon shall prosper, he say you will be like the tree, planted by the rivers of water that brings forth his fruits in his season, and his leaf shall not wither, this is the agenda of God for you.
God is committed to his word, his will, his words are ye and amen, he cannot deny himself, because he is the Lord God almighty, who speaks and it comes to pass, blessed be the name of the Lord forever, Amen!
Now, What are the Things you need before you ask God for his Blessings and favor on your Finances as a Child of God?
- Obedience: God is not a man that he should lie, neither a son of man that he should repent of his word, whatever he says he will do, that is what he does, he is too faithful to fail, but God is also a covenant keeping God, not a father Christmas God, he operates by covenant and covenant involves two people, you and God, God is constant, but humans are always the variable, we are the unstable ones, God is the same forever, but we are the one that needs to walk in obesience, remember the scriptures says; God is not a respecter of persons, so it doesn’t matter your background, if you walk in the covenant, you will experience the hand of God, so your responsibility is to find out what God as said and do it, and he will do his own part, God is not slack as some men count slackness, he is a ever faithful God. Your obedience must be full in order for you to lay hold of God’s blessings. Where your obedience stops, is where your blessings end; for instance, you need to walk in the fear of God for you to experience the blessings of God, if you are not trust worthy, God cannot bless you, there are people God as not blessed because he knows their heart, if he blesses them, they will marry the second wife, so to curb such act, God will restrict his blessings from reaching them. So you must prove to God that you are trustworthy so that he can bless you.
- Tithe: This is yet another nonnegotiable requirement for anyone to lay hold of the blessings of God, you cannot enter into the realm of abundance if you are not a tither, tithing is what opens the windows of heaven upon your life, it is an instruction from God, and when you resfuse to pay it, the bible says, you have robbed God, and he also says, can a man rob God? This is how it works, Tithe is the 10% of your income or every increase you experience, 10% belongs to God, he promises to open the windows of heaven when you pay your tithe and also he promise to rebuke the devourer over your life and your business and all that is yours, when you are a tither, what is the devourer? I can call the devourer the destruction that comes on people’s ventures and businesses and endeavors, for instance; robbery attack and so on, are operation of the devourer, it can also be demonic, I remember the story of a woman who says, anything she makes money from her business and she keep it on her table at home, someone from no where will come at night and pack the money even without opening her door, she came in contact with out church brethren and gave her life to Jesus, came to church and that siege ended just like that, to God be the glory, there are many devourers out there, it is your tithe that keeps them away from you. Some people are even making money but they can not account for the money, they don’t know where the money is going, simply because the devourer is at work in their endeavors.
- Serving God delightsomely : This is another covenant platform for accessing the Blessings of God, if you are not a servant of God, you are not qualify for the Blessings of God. Just like workers under the government or in a company are entitle to their pay, God pays those that serves him and the pay is way more higher than the government or any system can offer, the bible says, ye shall serve the Lord thy God, he shall bless your bread and water. So God is committed to blessing those that serves him, if you want to lay hold of the Blessings, serve God! It is that simple, please note that the benefits of kingdom services is not just money or finances alone, it’s way beyond that, there are many benefits for those who serve the Lord, come on key with kingdom service and you will lay hold of the blessings of God. The blessings includes, the wisdom of God, fruitfulness, divine protection and preservation, divine supply, ideas, direction and empowerment; when you are on the go for Jesus, he empowers you for the assignment and the empowerment goes with you to your own endeavors and this cause you to command signs and wonders, many people do not know that the anointing of the holy spirit freely comes upon those that serves the lord, you will find it easy to please the lord, to do his will, to walk in integrity, righteousness and live a godly life when you are engaging in the service of the Lord, especially when you are always praying for the kingdom of God to advance, looking for the avenue to reach out to the lost, this is God’s heartbeat and when you engage in it, God prospers your own endeavors, there is a great benefit for those that serve the Lord, don’t ever be too big to serve God, don’t say it is meant for Pastors only, this is wrong, be an active disciple of Christ in your Church, find something to do for Jesus in your assembly.
- Your Work and Productivity: This is another requirement that must be in place before you start asking God for blessings, the blessings of God is unleashed from heaven upon his people and I am a beneficiary of the Blessings of God, so i know, it exist and it is so real, but we have never seen money, cars or material things falling down from heaven, so how does the blessings of God find it way into your life? It is through the work of your hands, what do you know how to do? What is your gifting? What can you do? Remember when the widow went to Elisha the prophet, she said, her husband is dead and the creditors are come to take her children as bondmen, the man of God said, what do you have in your house? She said, nothing but a Jar of Oil, and that was enough to work the miracle she desire, this is how God works, he uses that which he as given you to change your story. You must not be idle, it is dangerous to be idle, Jesus said, my father work, hitherto I work, another time, he said, I must work the work of him that sent me, so even God himself is working, if God is working, then why will you be idle and you desire the blessings of God? His Blessings come into your life through the channel of productivity, you have to be productive, you cannot afford to be idle, it is either there is something you can do, or there is something you can learn how to do, that will empower you with knowledge and wisdom to make money, money is hidden in solving problem, so go out and check which of the problem of humanity can you provide solution for? That is the channel of your blessing and I pray today, that God in heaven will open your eyes to the source of your wealth and blessings in Jesus name, before you ask God for breakthrough, make sure you have something doing first, this is so paramount.
- Your Resourcefulness: These talks about your value, how valuable are you? Both in Church and in the society, people that are resourceful are not poor, they cannot be poor, when you are too valuable, you cannot be broke. There is a level of value you add to yourself and to your world that attracts money to you, let’s look at someone like Les brown, he is a motivational speaker, he has the ability to motive and inspire people with speech, this potential as taken him all over the world today, people pay millions of Dollars just to listen to Les Brown, this is what resourcefulness is all about, when you are gifted and you take good time to develop that gift, there is no limit to the blessings that can come to you. Another good example is Joseph; this guy had all the challenges that can kill a man and destroy his destiny, yet he was too resourceful to be deleted, he could not be wasted, because he is too valuable, look at when his brothers sold him into slavery, he went to potiphar’s house and served effectively, till his master commit everything to his hand, another time in the prison, even under such a pitiable condition, he was still solving problems of his inmates, encouraging them, ensuring they are not down, interpreting their dreams, till that potential of his took him to the palace and forever he was enthroned, he became a national phenomenal, simply because he was resourceful, be a problem solving and not a burden to your world.
- Your Mentality: This is very important in life as a Christian, the bible says, as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he; you cannot think in a way and your life will look another way, that is why the devil will try and throw all manner of things against you just to get you depressed, tired and frustrated, but you must not give in to the evil thoughts of the devil, they are designed to make you become the opposite of what God have designed for you. That is why the bible says, you should guard your heart with all diligence, because out of it are the issues of life. Even if you pray till tomorrow, if you cannot think prosperity, you cannot have it. Your thought determines the events and outcome of your life endeavors, you must think the right thoughts always, you must be deliberate about what goes through your mind. This is why it is bad to approach God in prayer without a clear thought of your desire in your mind, you must be specific, your mind must be involved, because what you think about yourself is more powerful than what the devil and your enemies think about you, you must see yourself excelling, you must think success and breakthrough, you must think wealth and prosperity, if it must ever become a reality in your life, what is too big for you to think, is too big for you to have, if you are believing God for a life partner, see your partner coming, see your husband, wife coming your way, see your marriage excelling, see your business exploding, think positive things, it has the capacity to attract positive manifestation to your life. Many people pray to God for abundance but they think and speak scarcity, they speak and think themselves into poverty, your mind is magnetic, it can attract anything into your life, both positive and negative, so put a door on your heart and don’t give room for the devil to dump dirt and trash into your mind.
- Your Faith: The Bible says, without faith, it is impossible to please God, for he that cometh to God must come believing that he is and he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him, if you don’t have faith in everything you are doing, in what God as promised you, you will not see the reality in your life, your faith must come alive, it must be involved in the whole thing. Whatever you don’t believe it cannot work for you, many times in the bible, people will run to Jesus with their predicaments and he will ask, do you believe I can do this? And they will say Yes Lord, and then Jesus will say, be healed, be made whole, so your faith is important for you to take delivery of your expectations. Without faith, God cannot reach you; it takes faith to encounter God. For instance, go out everything expecting the blessings of God, because the bible says, he daily loaded us with benefits, so there are benefits for each day from the Lord. Let the word of God dwell in you richly, because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, so it must be from the word, let the word of God guide your decision and action, that is how to make faith produce in your life. Speak to that challenges, no matter how big it is, remember the bible says, if you shall say unto this mountain be thou remove, so you must say it for God to perform it.
- Love for the Lord: This is the ultimate in Christian Journey, you must love the Lord your God above all else, including yourself, the love of God must be deeply rooted on your inside, this is very important, God must be your utmost drive and desire, more than money, blessings and riches, you must love the Lord more than things, more than what you want him to do for you, and this love must be expressed in fear of the Lord, the way you do and deal among men must show that you have the fear of God in your heart, then this love must be shown in your passion and sacrifice for God, the ability to do and go all out for God, you don’t see it as a burden, but everything that as to do with God move you, this is the true sign that you are in love with God. A situation where they are not begging you to seek God or to serve God, but you do it wholeheartedly and delightsomely, where you love what God loves and hate what God hates, then the love of God is burning passionately in your heart, this is the realm whereby before you ask, God as answer, before you make demand, he as heard you because you have a heart burning for God, this is the realm where the bible says, no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly, every good thing is made available to you because you love the Lord. I pray that your passion and love for God will never die, but it will keep increasing in JESUS NAME.
The best of God is actually reserved for the lovers of God, when you are in Love with God, he gives you the best things of Life, that is why the bible says, seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you (Matt 6:33). God is your pursuit, but nobody seeks God in vain, he rewards your efforts of seeking him by giving you everything you need for Life and Godliness.
These are the important and nonnegotiable things you need to have, before you ask God for his blessing, the presence of these things in your life is enough to activate the blessings of God in your direction, I pray that God will grant you wisdom and understanding to live appropriately in JESUS NAME, AMEN. God bless you
Written by Pastor Matthew.