TOPIC: BEGINNING THE YEAR WITH THANKSGIVING
Scripture: Psalm 136: 1. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Beloved I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! I want to officially welcome you to 2022! We give thanks and praise to God Almighty for another New year and we shall begin the year with thanksgiving!
Why do we begin the year with thanksgiving?
1. It is wisdom of the wise: Every great star understands that if you must be great, then you must be grateful. It is only the great fool that is ungrateful. Not to be grateful is to deny the existence of your Maker and your God;
Psalm 14: 1. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
The wisdom of the wise demands that you give thanks to show you acknowledge the existence of God and you are grateful to Him.
2. Thanksgiving is the only prayer that can never be prayed amissed. The Bible said:
James 4: 3. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
So many people pray and never get answers to their prayers because they ask amiss!
Thanksgiving is the only prayer that you cannot pray amiss! So as the year begins if it is only thanksgiving you can make as prayer to God, you have really prayed.
3. Besides supplication and prayers, thanksgiving is a sure way of presenting your request to God.
Philippians 4: 6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
4. Thanksgiving is the will of God for you. So to begin the year with thanksgiving is walking in the will of God.
1 Thessalonians 5: 18. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
5. It is a way of celebrating God for ushering you into the new year:
Psalm 118: 24. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Beloved, this is the first day of the year, it is time to drum our appreciation to God for His goodness and mercy upon us.
Before you start storming heaven with your year 2022 expectations, please begin now with thanksgiving.
Let God know you are grateful for bringing you thus far!
Do it because it is a good thing just as our anchor scripture says:
Psalm 136: 1. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. –
Do your thanksgiving with either your singing, your dancing, clapping and with your offering and you shall have a fulfilling year in 2022.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! To spend eternity with God begins with a heart of surrender to Jesus.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive the grace to give you the thanks that you deserve today in Jesus name.
– I declare upon your life 2022 shall be a fruitful year for you in the name of Jesus.
In 2022, you shall recover all your losses as things will turn around for your good.
Happy New Year
From your brother Alex.