TOPIC: CARING FOR THE BODY
Scripture: Hebrews 10: 5. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! We started yesterday by sharing on the third component of a man which is the body! Today we shall be considering how important the body is and how to take care of the body.
The human body is basically prepared to operate on earth! Everyone that came into this world needs a material body. Our Master Jesus Christ was not an exemption, when he was coming into the world, a body was prepared according to our anchor scripture:
Hebrews 10: 5. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Why must we take care of our body?
1. It is because we need our body to continue to exist on earth and as such to fulfill destiny! There is no one who can fulfill destiny without a body.
There are those who pitch their tent around the fact that man is a spirit and as such neglect the care and attention of their body, only to discover that the negligence of the body makes it becomes too weak to sustain the spirit and when the body stops functioning, the spirit takes his leave.
Beloved, if you are anointed, give proper care to your body because the day the body stops functioning, that anointing can no longer bless lives.
2. It is because the body is the executor of the spirit bidding. The only channel through which the spirit touches the natural world is via the body.
3. It is what provides accommodation for both soul and spirit! Without the body, there is no accommodation for the real man! The real man is invisible to the optical eyes.
Please note that the body has the capacity to provide accommodation for several spirits (man’s spirit, Holy Spirit and evil spirits). The Bible gave us an account of a man that accommodated 2,000 spirit (Mrk.5:13)! This tells you the capacity of a man to accommodate several spirits.
How then do we care for our body?
1. By avoiding sin by all means (1Cor.6:18); Anytime sin is committed, something dies in the human body. There is nothing that can destroy, devastate the human body system like sin. It introduces toxins that lead to destruction of cells, tissue, organs and system .
2. Eat quality and balanced diet. There are those that eat poison in the name of food. Check the nutritional content of what you are consuming. If you are not fasting, don’t starve.
3. Ensure adequate rest(Mrk.6:31): If Jesus advocated rest, I see no reason why you should not rest! There are those who don’t rest, and their body will now force them to rest the day they never prepared for it.
4. Maintain personal hygiene (Mic.2:10): Poor sanitary condition will give you sickness. God wants you to be clean, hence the saying, cleanliness is next to godliness
5. Exercise regularly (1Tim.4:8): Exercise releases the happy hormones called endorphins that keep you healthy.
6. Forgive all men, get rid of bitterness and malice (Heb 12:15, Prov.17:22, Matt.6:12).
Beloved, take good care of your body and it will serve you as you fulfill the purpose of God for your generation.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! To reject Jesus now is to regret it in eternity. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father help me to take adequate care of my body in the name of Jesus.
– I declare healing to every sick body in the name of Jesus.
– You need your body to serve the purpose of God, therefore every attack on your life is hereby arrested in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.