TOPIC: CHARACTER OF THE WORD OF GOD
Scripture: Hebrews 4: 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously we established that faith originates from the word of God and yesterday we explained what exactly what the word that can generate faith is.
Today, we shall look at the character of the the word of God.
From our anchor scripture (Heb.4:12), we can observe that the word of God has the following characteristics;
1. The word of God is quick(Heb.4:12):- means it is living. And because it is living it can grow. Anything that is alive and active, grows. It can grow in your life and family! It can as well grow in a city/community. This is why the Bible says in the city of Ephesus:
Acts 19: 20. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.
It does not only grow, it also prevails over circumstances, it prevails over challenges and situations.
The word can also multiply;
Acts 12: 24. But the word of God grew and multiplied.
2. The word of God is powerfu(Heb.4:12):l- meaning the word of God has energy. And energy is ability to do work. This is why it can heal:
Proverbs 4: 20. My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
The power in the word is because the Holy Spirit goes with the word wherever it is sent to confirm the word(Isa. 44:26, 9: 8).
Psalm 29: 4. The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty. 5. The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
3. The word of God is sharp(Heb.4:12):. And even sharper than any two edge sword. Hence it can penetrate every where! What the physical sword will do physically, the word of God will do spiritually. This is why it is called the sword of the Spirit (Eph.6:17).
4. It has a dividing ability(Heb.4:12):. It can separate soul and spirit! Joints and marrow
5. It is a discerner(Heb.4:12):- that is, it has ability to reveal thoughts. Whatever you you are thinking, the word of God can reveal it. Jesus being the living word of God could discern the thought of the religious leaders of his days:
Matthew 9: 4. And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
Similarly, when you have the word of God in you, it helps you to discern.
6. The word of God is the revealer of secrets desire of your heart(Heb.4:12).
Have you ever noticed in some given services, the preacher preached about your life as if someone had gone ahead to gossip about you to him, because your motive is being revealed.
7. The word can be sent like you send a messanger:
Psalm 107: 20. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
In summary, the word of God is the basis of contact with man. The only instrument that is capable of moving God to action because it represents His commitment to man. The word of God is the will of God to man and also the life of God to man:
John 6: 63. It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Beloved, do you desire to grow your faith for an overcomers life? Then make sure what what you are hearing is not philosophy but the word of God.
God will only confirm His word that is the basis of our faith and our faith is the victory that delivers our inheritance in Christ.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Jesus loves dearly, don’t go without recieving Him.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me to avoid junks into my heart as I give attention to word only in Jesus name..
– I prophesy upon your life your season of victory has just arrived.
– May the Lord deliver you from cunning device, fables and philosophy that never generate faith in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love