📜 TEXT: EPHESIANS 1:17-23📜
🔑📖“`KEY VERSE:“` _That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him” (EPHESIANS 1:17)._
Dirk Jan De Pree was an American furniture designer who doubled as a lay pastor. He understood, like Jacob and Moses, that to appreciate the Lord and enjoy His gift of life, man must measure His time here on earth in days.
So, when he was asked how old he was, D. J. De Pree would answer with the number of days. He said, “Jacob spoke of the days of the years of my life. And Moses pleads with God: ‘…teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.'” Allowing this insight to guide him one day at a time, enabled De Pree to serve the Lord all his days on earth. He died in 1990 at 99.
As the year closes today, the Lord is reminding us from the text that it is the combination of divine wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God that would engage us industriously to see every day as the building blocks of every year. Years and seasons cannot be on their own without days.
When we begin to see our stay in the world as Jacob, Moses and contemporary saints did, we shall radically review our approach to serving God. Every day shall be like our last day. Each day, we would expect the Lord’s return.
Such expectation would then spark unprecedented glow of holiness and evangelism in the believer. When we have this mindset, nobody in our community would escape hearing and receiving the gospel.
Cumulatively, the Lord has gifted us with thousands of hours all through the year. That is a lot of resources to help a Christian make a difference in a lifetime.
How did we exploit them? Did we allow each hour to pass away without working for heaven? Did we occupy till He comes?
Did we spare a thought for sinners, the friends of Christ?
If we have failed heaven by wasting the days of the year only on pleasure and business, this day offers new opportunities to be penitent by spending it to win souls.
✍🏽“`THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:“` _Lord, teach us to serve You day by day.
📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: *REVELATION 21-22.
The often neglected Spirit inspired prayers
1. Always ask for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ, v17.
Revelation makes you to understand mysteries of Christ which a casual reader cannot see and wisdom will help you to interprete and apply the knowledge for your own and others edification.
2. Ask for your spiritual eyes of understanding to be enlightened to see the glories of Christ, v18.
3. Ask for the spiritual enlightenment that will make the hope of heaven and the riches of God, as relates to you, real and deep in your inner man, v18.
4. Ask for enlightenment and insight by the Spirit to acknowledge and appreciate the greatness of His power which is meant for all the saints including you, v19.
5. Always ask for understanding and appreciation of the position God has put believers far above all powers of darkness, vv20,21.
6. Always ask for the revelation of the exalted position of Christ, and us believers, over all creations, v22,23.
Note Carefully compare these inspired prayer points with our contemporary points today and see why spiritual growth and maturity in the early church are faster than the present.
HYMN Bring your vessels not a few.