CONFIDENCE AS A PILLAR OF FAITH (PART 2)
Scripture; Ephesians 3: 12. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of what we started yesterday, our faith in God goes with confidence. This is what gives us boldness!
From our anchor scripture (Eph.3:12), our confidence is in Christ Jesus, this gives the devil the greatest headache. He doesn’t want you to trust in the Lord. He knows when your confidence is intact his kingdom is in trouble
Philippians 1: 28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
Your refusal to throw away your confidence is a sign of destruction to your enemies. That is why you must not cast away your confidence (Heb.10;35).
How does the enemy try to break your confidence?
1. Through hearing the wrong voice (Isa.36:1-21) details in our yesterday meditation.
2. Through sending letter:
Isaiah 37:14. And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
When Rabshakeh send words to intimidate and turn the army of Judah to chicken-hearted men, it didn’t yield results. He then decided to send a letter to do the same thing.
Beloved, who is trying to break your confidence with a written note? Did you receive letters of termination, suspension, sack or demotion?
Their target is to break your confidence. Or was it an e-mail, SMS or Whatsapp message that you received and it has completely ruptured your confidence. I am sent by God to you this morning, receive back your confidence in the name of Jesus.
Dear single, have you observed that since the day you received that SMS/WhatsApp message informing you that “it is over between us” that you lost your confidence in yourself. You can no longer walk freely on the street because a marriage proposal was cancelled, this is the trick of the devil. How can a relationship end and your confidence is also gone? It is time to recover your confidence.
3. By luring you into sin: You cannot be living in sin and still maintain your confidence:
1 John 3: 21. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
To every born again child of God, your heart is the umpire of your actions. If your heart condemns you, repent of that action immediately, otherwise, it will erode your confidence. Don’t hang around sin and keep on enjoying sin and still want to maintain your confidence, it will not work.
How to restore lost confidence
1. Through the word of God. Hezekiah sent a message to Isaiah the prophet and a word was released from God to handle that situation
2. Learn to take every ugly letter(email,SMS, WhatsApp message, medical report etc) to the altar of God (Isa.37:14). Let your God reply them and go home with confidence
3. Learn to fast and pray.
Hezekiah and his men rent their clothes to show their disapproval.
4. Shun sin and it’s alluring power
5. Always believe in your prayers after you must have prayed:
1 John 5: 15. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The choice of where to spend eternity is personal to everyone. Make your choice today by surrendering to Jesus
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I reject every negative message sent from the pit of hell to destroy my confidence in you in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of Grace to recover all your losses in the name of Jesus
– I declare your lost dignity and confidence is hereby restored in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex, God bless you.