TOPIC: CONVICTION- A PILLAR OF FAITH
Scripture: being fully convinced that God had the power to do what He had promised.
Romans 4:21 AMP
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The faith that makes for the believer’s victory has pillars. Previously, we looked at some of these pillars which are hope, love, confidence and understanding Today, we shall examine the pillar of conviction or being persuaded
Conviction refers to the state of being convinced, that is having a solid picture of what God told you. It is being confident that something is true; it means a strong persuasion or belief. In other words, conviction stands opposed to doubt and skepticism.
Our journey into faith begins with an encounter with the word of God! Then when the word is understood, it leads to conviction (believe) and then action that births desired miracle. If we therefore put together all of them we have an equation called faith equation.
A =the word of God
C = Conviction
Why is conviction a pillar of faith?
1. It is because no faith without conviction: Abraham, in our anchor scripture became very the father of faith because he was fully convinced of what God had told him! The
being fully convinced that God had the power to do what He had promised.
Romans 4:21 AMP
Beloved, has God told you anything? Do you understand what God has said? Are you convinced?
Then take action and faith will be born. If you are yet to be convinced don’t take action, go and meditates on the word or the promise until it forms a solid picture in your mind before taking an action of faith.
Has your faith failed before? Check it out, it could be that you tooky action without solid conviction or you took action without God’s word.
2. It is the bedrock upon which all others pillars of faith rest. It is what fuels hope, action and desire. This is why Jesus often asked, do you believe (Mark 9:24):
Mark 9: 23. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
3. It is on the basis of conviction or believe that we approach God ;
Hebrews 11: 6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
4. Our receiving in this kingdom is a function of conviction:
Mark 11: 24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Beloved, since you have been hearing about God, are you convinced about what you heard? Are you convinced about what the Bible teaches about God?
Are you convinced about Jesus Christ being your Saviour? It is time to solidify your conviction; that is when all that God has in stock for you can be accessed. Your victory is tied to your faith and your faith is a function of your conviction or believe.
How does conviction come?
A. Through personal knowledge of God, by building a relationship(2Tim. 1:12): You must get to know God personally through relationship. Your relationship solidifies your conviction.
2 Timothy 1: 12. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
B. Through meditation:
1 Timothy 4: 15. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision of where to spend eternity is up to you! Make the right choice today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me to know you more than i know you now! Help my conviction of your word to me daily so as to take the right steps of faith in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of Grace to meditate upon what God has told you until you are persuaded to take action in the name of Jesus.
– I declare your season of celebrations have come!
From your brother Alex
God bless you.