DAVID WAS SO RESISTED THAT HE FOUGHT 66 BATTLES BUT BECAUSE THERE WAS OIL ON HIS HEAD, HE LOST NONE.
THE REASON FOR THE FIGHT OF TODAY IS THE TOMORROW THAT THE DEVIL SEES.
MY MOTHER TOLD ME WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH DURING MY PREGNANCY. THE PREGNANCY WAS ALMOST LOST AT SIX WEEKS. SHE BLED UNTIL SHE THOUGHT THE PREGNANCY WAS GONE.
BUT IF GOD HAS LAID HIS HAND UPON YOU, NO DEVIL CAN STOP THAT TOMORROW FROM ARRIVING.
BEYOND EVERY GREAT BATTLE IS STRONG MANTLE; IF YOUR BATTLE IS GREAT, YOUR MANTLE IS STRONG.
IF YOU DON’T WANT GOD TO HELP SOMEONE, THEN DON’T HATE THEM BECAUSE WHEN YOU RELEASE THEM HATE, GOD RELEASES THEM HELP.
– Pastor Paul Enenche at Kingdom Power and Glory World Conference 2021
Day Three, Evening Session-Part 1.
Father we give You the praise. Father we give You the honour. We give You the adoration because You are God. Thank You for a night like this. You’ve already done so much; You spoke to us in songs, in testimonies and in diverse ways. Father, let not one person leave here the same. Give us one more word. Blessed be Your name Lord. In Jesus precious name.
Give the Lord the Praise as you take your seat.
The Lord bless His Word in Jesus’ name.
We are looking at Exceeding Abundant Grace (Part 2). Here, we are looking at the life of David.
1. To understand the grace of God in the life of David.
2. To understand the secrets of that grace.
One thing I want us to understand tonight about the grace of God, grace is divine assistance where there was human resistance. Grace is what causes God to assist the resisted. It causes God to favour the disfavoured.
Grace causes God to qualify the disqualified or the unqualified. Grace makes the rejected to become the accepted. Grace is the grease for ease in life. When you look at the life of David, David was nothing but the picture and the symbol of grace.
We’ll look at the situation in the life of David before grace found him.
1. David was the last or the 8th child in a very disorganized family, literally dysfunctional family. Under normal circumstances, the last born of a family should be the one people take care of, but this was the one that was abandoned in the bush to face lions.
2. David was the child that was forsaken and rejected by both parents. He expressed that in Psalm 27:10 and David was truly forsaken because it was Samuel that reminded the father that there was another son. “Are these all your children?” It was Prophet Samuel that reminded them that, there was yet another child forsaken, rejected by both parents.
Is there anyone here tonight, maybe you are a victim of rejection. You’ve been forsaken and rejected by your mother or father, even from the womb.
Maybe they did family planning and you broke the family planning and you came to being. One thing or the other may have made you rejected and forsaken.
3. David was the child that was despised and ignored. Because when Samuel arrived, he spoke to Jesse to bring all his children for the sacrifice (1 Samuel 16:3-5) and Jesse must have decided that if it was the matter of a kingly material, these are the materials.
Have you been in a situation where people gave you no chance to succeed or be anything? Have you been in situations where before you even tried, they have concluded that you will fail? David was not given the opportunity to be at the screening exercise. He was not qualified for the screening. That was the man that grace located.
4. David was the victim of recurrent depression. You know the situation of people by the stories. Whatever was the situation of David, depression was among it. He kept on saying things like; “Why are you cast down oh my soul?” (Psalm 42:5-6,11)
– I prophesy here to somebody every trace of depression, despair and hopelessness that came here with you shall expire by fire in the name of Jesus!
5. David was the victim of unnecessary burden. He was a small boy that was carrying the load of the family. He was the victim of unnecessary burden. He was the one taking care of the family’s flock. He was the one contending with lions and bears in the bush.
Many of us here today, you almost raised yourself. Some of us here tonight, you started dealing with adult’s matters as a young person. Am I communicating at all?
You became matured on time because of problem. Issues that you should be handling at the age of 35, 40, you were handling at age 15, 16. A small boy of 17 was attending to the family’s flock. His elder ones were at home, they left him to face the lions and bears. But they never knew that was a training for his future.
– Beloveth brothers and sisters, I am here to announce to somebody; what the enemy has brought against you is what the Lord will use against the enemy!
– What you passed through is what God is going to use to pass something through you to your generation!
– Your adversity is turning into your advancement!
I’m talking from experience. At a very, very young age. When I was not yet married, I was counseling people on marriage because of what I saw, because of how I grew. I was counseling people on how to marry, who to marry, how to go about it. Do you know that the challenges of life have a way of hardening a man? You know it is through pressure that charcoal becomes diamond.
– The pressures of your life are about to turn you into something precious in your generation!
6. David was the victim of multiple conspiracies. It looks like everything ganged up to frustrate David’s life. He was a victim of multiple conspiracies and confrontations.
If it was not the lion and the bear, it will be Goliath or King Saul or the Amalekites or the Philistines or His own son, Absalom and the worst form of conspiracy is the one that comes from those that are closest to you. Those you think should be on your side. Those were the kind of things that this young man passed through. The devil never gave him the chance to become anything.
But I am here to say to somebody; beyond every great battle is strong mantle. If your battle is great, your mantle is strong. If the devil is confronting you with battles that are great, it means there is a mantle coming on your life that is strong. If you have passed through some battles in your life and there are things around you that seems so great beyond your control and your handling, it means that you are getting set to connect to a mantle, a generational mantle that the devil cannot stand.
That’s why when you see a person and you say, “Give me your anointing”. It is not easy to say that because if you need his mantle, you need his revelation, light, insight and you need everything that brought that mantle. That was the kind of person David was. Hear this: Nothing is a disadvantage where God is involved. Nothing ends up as a disadvantage where God is involved (Romans 8:28).
If the situation you passed through made you more prayerful, then it was not a problem. The devil thought it was a problem but God was using it as a school. Everything conspired to render him irrelevant. There was a conspiracy to ensure his voice was not heard. If God lays His hands on your life, no devil can lay his finger on your destiny.
David was a victim of multiple conspiracies, confrontations, disappointments, human failures. He was a victim of all of that. But I have Goodnews for somebody. From Bible, I saw that anywhere God sees rejection, He releases the unction. God is attracted to the resisted, confronted and frustrated. In Africa, there is a saying that God drives the fly for the cow that has no tail. That was how God aligned with Leah when God saw that Leah was hated, He opened her womb (Genesis 29:31). Listen, there are wombs that will never open until you are hated. There are openings you may never see until you are hated and God is saying to you, “They hated you. Let me open your womb, let them kill themselves.”
– Get ready for an anointing. Get ready for fresh oil. Get ready for fresh power. Get ready for fresh fire!
What I’m saying to you is so, so true of my case but unfortunately I can’t go into details because when people look at your face and think they can read your future and not knowing that the future is not written on the face. That there is nothing about me now that can predict where I’m going in life and God said, you know what? I am going to pour oil on that young man’s head, on that young lady’s head, on that father and mother. Let me see what you will do to yourself.
As resisted as David was, because there was oil on his head, he lost not one battle. He fought 66 battles and lost not one battle.
– I don’t know what has conspired against your life and your destiny. But I am here to announce to you, there shall be no loss!
WHAT DID THE SITUATION OF DAVID ATTRACT FOR HIM?
1. David became preferred by God to be king among his brethren (1Samuel 16:13). Samuel could have taken him aside and say, “this is what God is saying. Don’t tell anybody.” He picked him in the midst of the very people who concluded that he wasn’t qualified (Psalm 23:5).
If God wants you, it doesn’t matter who hates you. It is a waste of hatred. Don’t waste your hatred, hate something else. I am not just preaching, I am declaring:
– In this nation, in your family and in community, God will pour the oil on your head in front of those who don’t like you!
– He will release a fresh mantle, a fresh grace on your head in the front of those who don’t like you.
The oil preserves your life (Psalm 105:15). So, those who want you dead, God will pour the oil on your head in their front so that He can see what they can do to you. When you are anointed, you are lionized, you are hornified (Psalm 92:10).
If you don’t want God to help someone, then don’t hate them because when you release
them hate, God releases them help. There are people who hate you because they think you are going to church, you didn’t join them in the cult. But who is he that saith and it cometh to pass when the Lord commanded it not? (Lamentations 3:37, Isaiah 44:25 , Psalm 27:4-5)
What is a disadvantage with man is an advantage with God because your disqualification becomes your qualification (1 Corinthians 1:26-29.)
2. David became the reference King of Israel. David became the yardstick to measure kings in Israel. The reason for the fight of today is the tomorrow that the devil sees. My mother told me many times and said, no wonder the devil didn’t see you for eye because she knew what she went through in the pregnancy. The pregnancy was almost lost at six weeks. She bled until she thought the pregnancy was gone. All manner of things. The reason for the fight of today is the tomorrow the devil sees but I can assure you, if God has laid his hand upon you, no devil can stop that tomorrow from arriving.