TEXT: LUKE 9:62
REF: PSALM 92:13, JOHN 12:24-26
TOPIC: DEDICATION FOR DISTINCTION IN LIFE.
SPEAKER: BISHOP OKWUDILI EZE.
Nothing sponsors colorful destiny in the life of a believer than dedication in the kingdom of God. Through the the pages of the Bible are laid down history and stories of men and women who dedicated their lives for the purpose of the kingdom of God.
God wants to make you a praise on the earth but that will come on the altar of dedication. Remember, what we have with God is a shared dominion. Participating in the Purposes of God brings us into participating in the Portions of God. The purposes of God carry the Portions of God.
Dedication is the trigger for distinction and preference in life. It is dangerous to be a stranger in a covenant ground.
WHAT IS DEDICATION:
1.Dedication is total and passionate commitment to the vision of a commission in other to make it speak across the nations.
2. Dedication is the drive to deploy ingenuity, skills, potentials, finances, time and physical presence for the advancement of the course of the local assembly.
3. Dedication is untiring and focused pursuit of one’s energy towards the achievement of set goals or results in the areas of delegated responsibilities given to you.
DANGERS OF LACK OF DEDICATION TO GOD:
1.The angel and altar of the commission views you as a stranger on a covenant ground.
There’s a different between inheritance and miracle. Miracle is for strangers and visitors or those who are not dedicated but inheritance is for those who are dedicated to the course of God in a local assembly.
2. Prophesies, Promises tarry and life becomes a struggle. Luke 5:5.
Dedication to the kingdom of God puts pressure on the Promises of God for a performance. After Salvation the next destination is Service.
3. God sees you as a wicked and selfish person. Genesis 6:5.
4. You consciously open up yourself to wicked demonic and satanic attacks. 2Sam 11:1-2
Service in the kingdom of God builds a shield and protection around you. Kingdom service has perpetual security inherent in it.
5. Divine promotion and prosperity becomes a thing of the past and a mirage. Proverbs 3:35.
6. You expose yourself to unexplainable sickness, financial dryness and blessing devourers. Psalm 92:13-15. Job 36:11-12
7. You tell God by your action that you don’t want his hands and presence in your life. Isaiah 31:1.
THE SNAPSHOTS OF A DEDICATED PERSON TO GOD AND HIS KINGDOM: [Matthew 6:33]
1. The person is born again and must have gone through the foundational training of the church.
You dedication in the kingdom of God starts from salvation. God doesn’t desire the services of a sinner.
2. The person must belong to a functional department where his/her impact shall be felt.
Psalm 92:13, Luke 9:62.
God want to fell the dedication and service through your service unit or department. Refuse to be a stranger on a covenant ground and lay your hands on the plough.
3. The person is always planted and appears in the various services of the church.
Plantedness makes for establishment. Plantedness brings you into the graces and investments of God in the church where you serve. Plantedness brings you into inheritance and honor.
4. The person goes out to win souls for christ, brings them into the house of God where they will be planted, nurture and raised.
Prov. 11:30, Dan. 12:3.
5. The person is solidly committed to financial kingdom stewardship [Tithing, Seed sowing, Prophet Offering, Kingdom advancement offering, Project Support Offering, Sacrifice etc]. Luke 6:38
Tithing precedes every other kind of giving in the kingdom. Meaning, before you engage any other firm of giving ensure that you’ve paid your tithe.
6. The person comes to services early and follows up on brethren whose fire is going down.
Lateness is a sign of spiritual complacency. Always be on the lookout for those hurting, backsliding and encourage them graciously.
7. The person discovers needs in the church and meets it without being reminded. Num. 4:14.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT DEDICATED DESPITE BLESSINGS:
1. Passion and zeal for God’s service Dies.
2. Complacency and slotfulness abound. Ecc10:18
3. Total distractions from the real kingdom values. Matthew 6:33
4. Using your work, business, distance or office as reasons for not being dedicated.
5. Unfounded excuses.
a. It rained heavily in our area today.
b. I didn’t press my clothes for Sunday service.
c. I don’t have money for offering/bike or taxi.
d. I woke with terrible headache, running stomach and sickness.
e. I did an emergency travel/Something came up.
f. I woke up depressed.
6. The idea of using God as a spare tire. Psalm 63:1
MY PRAYER FOR YOU:
RECEIVE A HIGHER DIMENSION OF LOVE FOR GOD AND UNBREAKABLE DEDICATION TO GOD AND HIS KINGDOM THIS YEAR IN JESUS NAME.
Follow me on these platforms:
Facebook: Bishop Okwudili Eze
Youtube: Bishop Okwudili-Eze.