TOPIC : DIMENSIONS OF THE MORE EXCELLENT WAY
Scripture :Ephesians 3: 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
In continuation of what we started yesterday, the more excellent way is a four dimensional plane. We considered two yesterday and today we shall consider two.
What are the dimensions ?
1. Breadth/width dimensions- this speak of your passion for God
2. Length dimensions : this speak of your commitment to God (details in yesterday’s meditation)
3. Depth Dimension (Eph.3v18): This speak of how deep the love of God is. It is deeper than the oceans! This depth explains why God doesn’t give up on any one:
1 John 3: 1. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Ephesians 2: 4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Conversely, our depth of love for God is a measure of how willing we are to give God pleasure with our lives. We give God pleasure when we worship Him and fulfill the purpose for our existence.
We give God pleasure when we win souls! God is not interested in the death of any sinner, rather He wants all men saved, hence he gave us the ministry of soul winning :
2 Corinthians 5: 19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Beloved, your depth of love in God is a measure of how desperate you are in giving God pleasure with your life especially in the business of soul winning. If you can’t win souls, then you don’t fully love God! God loves souls and you must love what your Lover loves, hence not winning souls speak volume of your love for your Maker as it is not fully giving God pleasure.
4. Height Dimension(Eph 3v18) : This speaks of how high the love of God is! God’s love is higher than any mountain! Infact, the height of God’s love cannot be comprehended in human hearts except by the Holy Ghost. Oh thank you Jesus for loving us dearly:
ERomans 8: 37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
On the other hand, the height of our love for God is defined by our level of sacrifice. The extent to which you can sacrifice for God, is the determinant of your height of love for God. What you can part with, speaks volume of your love for God. How far can you go with God?
Below, is an example of David sacrifice:
2 Samuel 24: 24. And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
Beloved, we have seen the various dimensions of love that exist. Now redefine your love for God, are you passionate about God? Are you committed to Him? Can you say now your life is giving pleasure to God? How about your sacrifice?
The answers to the above questions determine how grounded you have become in your love for God.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! If you miss heaven you can never miss hell! Give your heart to Christ today.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord help me to be willing to live a life that give you pleasure in Jesus name.
– Lord help me to love you sacrificially in Jesus name.
– I prophesy your love for God takes a new turn from now on in Jesus name.
– What you could not get all your life, May your love for God deliver it to you this period in Jesus name
From your brother Alex
God bless you.