TOPIC: ENCOUNTERS – PATHWAY TO THE BLESSING (PART 2)
Scripture; Acts 9: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of what we started yesterday, we said encounters are pathways to the blessing!
Today, we shall consider types of encounters that believers should have and possibly examples of men with encounters from the Bible.
Encounters are so important to believers because they solidify our faith!
Many of the faith giants are men and women of unusual encounters! It imparts into your spirit permanent conviction that no matter what comes your way you remain firm in your resolution to remain with God.
So what are the different types of encounters every believers should have?
1. Encounter with the word of God; The word of God is God’s inspired breath:
2 Timothy 3: 16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
So the word of God is a compendium of the mysteries of the kingdom. The Revealer of God’s nature, character and mode of operations! This is why every day our piece of article here is captioned Moment of Daily Encounter!
Herein you could encounter the mystery of the kingdom, the way of God, and character of God. It paints a picture of the vision of heaven to you. You can’t encounter the word of God and your life remain the same!
The word gives you vision as it paints the future of your life. Without an encounter with the word you can’t operate in the anointing because the anointing is meant to validate the word.
2. Encounter with Jesus: This is the most important encounter so far because without an encounter with Jesus the Son of the Living God you are going to hell. Encounter with Jesus is what guarantees salvation.
John 1: 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
To encounter Jesus means the Holy Spirit bring you to the point of repentance and you accept the substitutionary work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
Please understand that it is possible to have prophetic encounters without having encounter with Jesus. These are the people that prophesy yet they are not born again(Matt.7:21).
3. Encounter with the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit: The ministry of the Holy Spirit is for all believers because it is the only authorized channel to lead us into all truth.
The Holy Spirit guides and empowers believers. Hence any encounter/vision that comes to you and the Holy Spirit is not involved is a dangerous one! Therefore when you are having encounters try to find out if it glorifies Jesus or not.
How is encounter a pathway to the blessing?
It is simply by giving you vision! And in every vision is Divine provision. You can’t be a man of vision and not be a blessed man.
How do you get Divine encounter?
1. Through desperate hunger for God.
2. Through prayer: As you engage in intensive prayer expect unusual encounters.
Examples of men with Divine encounter:
1. Apostle Paul: He was called Saul of Tarsus before his encounter with Jesus. But after his encounter, his identity changed. He became Paul the Apostle(Acts 9:4-20).
Acts 9: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Those that reject Jesus now will have themselves to blame in eternity. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father as I begin to pray may I encounter you afresh in the name of Jesus.
– I declare you will receive a shocking lifting this season in the name of Jesus.
– Your days of struggling are over! Welcome to your season of congratulations.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.