TOPIC: ENEMIES OF FAITH
Scripture: Romans 10: 17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we did establish that faith can come it can also go.
The things that can make faith to go are majorly enemies of faith. So today we shall be looking at some of these enemies.
What are the enemies of faith?
1. Lack of knowledge of God’s word:
Romans 10: 17.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
If the enemy can make you ignorant of the word of God, faith will never rise up in you. For the Bible said:
Hosea 4: 6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
2. Lack of knowledge of God’s will is another enemy of faith, because what you know is yours, it is your right! you can easily demand for it! But if you don’t know, you are not sure you will get it, you will fear and doubt.
This is why we are admonished to get transformed;
Romans 12: 2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3. Lack of understanding of whom you are as a new creation man.
2 Corinthians 5: 17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
The implications of being born again are that;
A. You are now a new creature(Col.1:16,2Cor.5:17)
B. You become joint-heir with Christ (Rom.8:17)
C. You receive the nature of God (2Pet.1:4)
D. You now have eternal life (1Jn.5:13)
4. Lack of understanding of our righteousness. This is a great enemy! When you don’t believe you are righteous, you will be looking for one super-righteous person to pray for you or believe God for you.
2 Corinthians 5: 21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
5. Lack of understanding of the authority in the name of Jesus.
Mark 16: 17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
If you don’t know that when you are born again, you have a delegated authority to use the name of Jesus, the devil will continue to cheat you. You can cast out devils in that name, you can bind and loose in that name but if you don’t know this, your faith will be ineffective in certain areas.
6. Not acting on the word is another enemy of faith. You must act on the word of God you received as if it is true, to make it true. The word is actually true but it takes acting on the word to confirm it. It is when we act on the word that we have agreed with it.
Proverbs 3: 5. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
7. Lack of understanding of how to maintain our faith confession is another enemy.
*Hebrews 10: 23. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)*
We must learn to hold on to our faith confession. We must be consistent in our faith confession, don’t confess I’m healed today, then tomorrow you are saying I don’t know if I will be healed.
8. Bad past experiences. The experience we had yesterday has a way of hindering our faith today especially if they are bad. Just as a good experience will boost our faith, a bad one will destroy our faith.
In conclusion, the enemies of faith are numerous but the chief of them all is the lack of knowledge of the word. If you can have the word, dealing with every other enemy is a work over.
How then do we maintain our faith in the presence of these enemies?
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The matter of spending eternity in a specific location is not debatable, but to you out there where have you decided to spend eternity?
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I received grace never to allow faith robbers to rob me of my faith in the name of Jesus.
– I declare your season of victory has come, your time has come.
– Whatever be the arrow of discouragement sent against you, that arrow is leaving you now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you richly.
Spread the love