TOPIC: ENEMIES OF FAVOUR
Scripture :Proverbs 6: 6,9. Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 9. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! I would like to round up the theme of favour by considering the enemies of favour.
What do we mean by enemies of favour?
These are forces that work against favour because their presence does not allow favour to manifest its full potential in our lives.
What are these enemies of favour?
1. Laziness : Most lazy people want favour, yet it eludes them because favour and laziness are never friends!
Favour is not an encouragement to be lazy because Jesus our prototype is an embodiment of favour:
Luke 2: 52. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Yet He was never lazy! Jesus was always busy working hard, thereby laying an example for us to follow.
This is what Jesus said:
John 5: 17. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
Meaning the father is working, He also is working. At another time;
Matthew 11: 20. Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Our opening scripture reveals one great lesson to be learnt from the ant. And it is a lesson of diligence or hardwork!
The ant, though a very tiny creature knows what to do at the right time. They don’t wait for a supervisor. They are self motivated working with maximum cooperation. All hands on deck, searching for food, gathering it at appropriate time.
Beloved, similarly God wants us to be hardworking like the ant! He wants to favour the works of our hands but many have denied God that priviledge of favouring the works of their hands because they are basically doing nothing!
Beloved get busy! Help yourself, engage in a meaningful venture! The favour you desire may not help you much if you are not diligent.
Favour may sell products for you but favour will never take your products to the market. Favour may give you a husband but it takes diligence to keep the marriage. Favour will not submit your CV for you or help you to submit proposal for a desired contract.
Therefore, say no to laziness and you will see the favour of God resting upon what you set your hands upon.
2. Lack of wisdom of speech making: many have closed down their door favour just because of wrong use of their tongues.
Proverbs 13: 15. Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
3. Lack of Integrity: God expects us to maintain a life of integrity to continue to enjoy favour.
Proverbs 11: 3. The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. Hell awaits those that reject Jesus Christ. Accept Jesus into your life today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord I receive grace to be diligent
– Father destroy every spirit of laziness from my life in the name of Jesus
– Lord help me to engage my hands in a productive venture as I wait for your favour in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the yoke of laziness is broken now in the name of Jesus.
– Whatever makes you a concern and a burden to people is destroyed today in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.