Topic: FACTORS THAT BREED RESTLESSNESS OF THE MIND
Scriptures: 2 Samuel 3: 28. And afterward when David heard it, he said, I and my kingdom are guiltless before the LORD for ever from the blood of Abner the son of Ner:
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of the matter of psychological rest, which is the rest that deals with the mind, we shall yet consider one more factor that breeds restlessness of the mind today.
What are the factors that make the mind restless?
1. Lust and dashed expectations (detail in previous edition
2. Idolatry, anger, tragedy and demonic possession (yesterday meditation)
4. Shedding of blood: When blood is shed, it has damaging consequences. Some of these consequences keep the mind of those who shed blood as well as the victims of blood shed restless.
The mystery of blood and blood related covenant is the reason why God warned His children never to play with blood or even eat animals with blood(Lev.17:13-14)!
What are the consequences of blood shed?
1. A Curse and restlessness (Gen. 4:11-14): The first murderer was Cain! And he harvested a curse for killing his brother. The result of this curse was restlessness! He became a fugitive and a vagabond!
Today, you see a lot of restlessness in our society because many hands are soiled with blood. Infact David understood the implications of blood shed, hence when he heard of the murder of Abner, Saul’s Chief of Army Staff, he quickly transferred it to Joab(2Sam.3:28). He washed himself from the consequences of Joab’s action!
Beloved, have you been involved in group murder or personal murder? When you participated in kidnapping activity that led to the death of your abductor, that is group murder. Probably you never thought it will result in death because you just needed to do business and get some money from that your stingy uncle and now he is dead.
Perhaps, it was a personal one, you destroyed the baby in your womb. In every aspect of abating and supporting abortion it is a clear case of murder because you you terminated life.
It could as well be murder by gun, matchets or knife or poison. It could be using human beings for rituals either for political reason or blood money! In whatever case, your hands have shed blood and your life has attracted a curse that has now made you restless day and night, there is still hope for you, you can return to Jesus.
2. Guilt (2Sam. 3:28): The second consequence of blood shed is guilt which usually last forever except God comes to your rescue! You cannot shed blood and not feel guilty! This is because your conscience will always remind you that you are a murderer. Infact, as you are reading this now, if you have ever shed blood or supported the cause of abortion with your money, you will still be feeling guilty.
3. An issue(2Sam.3:29): The consequence of blood shed is running sores! An issue is a problem that people talk about. it could be an issue of unemployment, an issue of blood, an issue of sickness etc. There are those who are coming out of one problem and they are entering another. They go to work they have issue with their boss or co-workers. In business they have issues with clients/customers.
Beloved, if your life is laced with several issues, combined with the fact that you are just restless in your mind then it is possible that you are experiencing the consequences of blood shed. The good news is that God wants to give you rest from those consequences. Jesus said:
Matthew 11: 28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real, where do you want to spend eternity?
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– I ask for your mercy in any way I participated in blood shed in Jesus name.
– I prophesy rest for every restless soul as you surrender to the Lordship of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
-To those that have issues, receive your miracle now in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love