TOPIC: FACTORS THAT TROUBLE THE MIND
Scripture: Psalm 16: 4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we established that psychological rest is rest for the mind.
Today, we shall continue on factors that can trouble the mind or keep it in a restless state.
What are the factors that causes restlessness?
1. Lust (details in yesterday meditation)
2. Spoilt/dashed expectation (details in yesterday meditation).
3. Idolatry (Ps.16:4): When you go after strange gods aside the God of heaven, you have invited trouble unto your soul because your mind will never be at rest. Those that go after charms, occult and all manners of juju and voodoo, etc have simply authorized demons into their lives and you can never have peace until you wash your hands off from idolatry and turn to Jesus.
Beloved, check your life, you lost your peace right from when that charm enter into your life. The Bible said:
Psalm 16: 4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
You may think those charms they are giving you is harmless, but they are putting your soul in a cage. They may promise you freedom but what you will get in return is bondage.
2. Anger(Ecc.7:9): It is one psychological problem that can authorized demons into your life! Just like sugar is to ant, so is anger to demons.
Anywhere you drop particles of sugar, ants will appear because there’s an instinct in ant that go after sugar, even so once you get angry you invite demons.
That explains why any home where there’s incessant quarrels the devil is already taken a seat in such a home.
Ephesians 4: 26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27. Neither give place to the devil.
Reject the temptation to loose your temper
3. Tragedy (1Sam.30:1-6); Anytime unpleasant situations strike, be it death, war, accident, kidnapping, armed robbery etc, it brings trouble to the soul.
1 Samuel 30: 6. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.
4. Demonic possession (Mrk.5:1-17): When the devil has gain full control of a person, he is restless day and night. He/she doesn’t mind injuring himself.
At a point he can do stupid things and later regret it when he/she realizes himself/herself. And it is sin/wickedness and iniquities that often authorize the devil .
Isaiah 48: 22. There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked
Beloved, sin is a terrible task master! He will take you more than you are willing to go. It is the license for the devil to tamper with your life. But I have good news for you today, Jesus will set you free if you return to him today.
What are the ways to have rest in your soul?
Acts 3: 19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
2. Come to Jesus fully:
Matthew 11: 28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
3. Learn the ways of Jesus as you sit under a teaching priest:
Matthew 11: 29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
4. Remain under the leadership of the Holy Spirit:
Romans 8: 14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
5. Pray to cast out the devil that is currently troubling your mind
6. Learn to encourage your self in the Lord (1Sam.30:6)
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision to spend eternity with God begins now, make your choice today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I repent in every way I have collaborated with the devil out of ignorance in the name of Jesus.
– I declare every devil that has held your mind captive release you now as you surrender to the Lordship of Jesus.
– Whatever the devil has stolen from your life, just as David recover all, you too shall recover all in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love