TOPIC: FAILURE TO TAKE NECESSARY ACTIONS- THE REASON FOR FAITH FAILURE
Scripture: By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, – Hebrews 11: 17.
Beloved, in continuation of the reason why faith fails! Previously we established that faith fails for the following reasons:
- Taking action without any encounter with the word. When a man take steps without revelation/light or instructions, faith failure is inevitable.
- Acting without understanding of the sent word.
- Acting without deep conviction
- Failure to take action: The word received that is clearly understood and that has produced conviction in you must be followed with action for the faith equation to be complete. Every conviction (believe) that does not translate into action is an exercise in futility. If you claim to believe, then act! It is at the point of action that power is released, if however, we fail to act, faith will definitely fails.
A good example in this regard is Abraham the portrait of faith. In Gen.22:1-2, The word came, he understood it and was convinced of the Lord’s ability and capability to bring back to life his only son if he obeyed God by sacrificing him. Immediately, Abraham took action to demonstrate his conviction:
Genesis 22: 3. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
Beloved, what has God told you, prompt obedience is what will deliver your desired outcome in life. You don’t need to call for a family meeting before obeying God! Infact many of us have missed God because we delayed in our obedience action, and by the time we were ready to obey, God had already got a replacement for us. I pray for you today, the grace for prompt obedience receive it now in the name of Jesus.
What are the action steps to take?
- Giving is one of them(Gen.8:22). If God ask you to give anything and you delay, you would have just lost an opportunity to enter a new phase of your life. If Abraham had delay in the obedience of offering his only son Isaac, he wouldn’t have got the sworn blessings:
Genesis 22: 16. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
- Confession is another action(2Cor.4:13). Most people miss out in faith by beginning with a confession of faith. You don’t confess when there’s no revelational word that has formed a picture in your heart. Don’t make your confession baseless because without a word base or encounter with the voice of God your confession is baseless. The faith for our salvation follows the same sequence:
Romans 10: 9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
So also every other aspects that requires confession. Don’t close your mouth when heaven is waiting to act on your behalf.
The reasons why we confess :
A. It puts angels on assignment when you open your mouth to declare your conviction (Ecc.5:6)
B. It makes the devil to bow. There are devils of your life that are waiting for your declaration to bow out of your life. So until you declare they will not bow.
C. God will back your declaration (Isa.44:26)
- The action of obedience (Gen.12:1-3); The moment the instructions to leave his father’s house came, Abraham obeyed. When he was asked to offer his only son he obeyed. This is why another definition of faith is total obedience to divine instructions.
4.The physical action: To every sick body, you must be willing to move your body in response to your conviction.
Beloved, what action have you failed to take since God’s word has been coming to you? Check it out, that could be the reason why your faith has not been producing results. It is time to rise up and take action in line with your conviction if truly you believe God’s word to you.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The failure to take action on your salvation might mean spending eternity in hell.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord I receive grace to take necessary action at the right time in Jesus name.
- I declare your story is changing today in the name of Jesus
- By the force of faith receive your stolen goods in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.