TOPIC: GAINING WISDOM FROM JESUS’ LEADERSHIP SYSTEM
Scripture: Matthew 4:19. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Our Lord Jesus Christ is the greatest leader that ever existed. There are similarities between Jesus leadership style and that of David which was considered yesterday.
The wisdom from Jesus’ leadership:
1. Mentoring(Matt.4:19): From our anchor scripture, we observe Jesus commanded followership with the promise of making men into leaders! At the end of three and half years, we saw fishermen standing as apostles, having been mentored by the best Mentor ever!
Dear leader, learn the wisdom of mentoring people within your sphere of influence!
The day you step into that office as a leader, begins to look for a successor that you can properly mentor. Every success without a successor is not success!
Are you a father?
Mentor your children to the point where they can succeed you. In whatever capacity you find yourself as a leader, be a good mentor to your followers.
2. Problem solving: Jesus was known to be a problem solver to various groups of people. Psychological, spiritual, financial, medical etc
You may say I’m not Jesus! Well the wisdom here is that, it is those you are able to solve their problems that will remain loyal to you.
Infact, when an organization hires you, they hired you to solve their problems!
The essence of job interview is to separate problem solvers from problem creators!
So the day you stop solving problems in any capacity you find yourself, you become a nuisance waiting to be pushed out! I pray your problem solving skills will remain sharp in the name of Jesus.
There are those who need directions and others who need counseling, offer help by all means ensure you are solving problems, that was the secret of Jesus leadership style.
3. Serve the people(Mrk 10:45): This was Jesus mission statement, service! This was also mentioned concerning David. Every leader who wants to succeed must learn to serve the people he is leading, this is the wisdom of Jesus Christ.
4. Recognition of followers is also part of Jesus style of leadership. Everyone within your sphere demands recognition.
5. Leadership by example;
John 13: 14. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Beloved, don’t be a leader that will say, ”do as I say, but don’t do as I do”! That’s fallacy! No good leader must be saying one thing and doing another. His must practise his words.
Dear leader, lead by example! Especially, those that mentor children. Children learn more by imitation than by talking.
Your child will seem to act out what he/she is seeing you do than what you are saying. So it is with every segment of life, your actions speak louder than your voice.
What are the qualities that made Jesus an excellent leader?
1. The heart condition: Jesus had a heart of love, empathy, compassion, etc To excel as a good leader, have a good heart.
2. Humility(Phil.2:5-8): He was an epitome of humility as He humbled himself unto death.
To succeed as a leader, do away with pride.
3. He always asked questions: You can not serve well as a leader, if you don’t know the people’s expectation of you! So find out the expectation of the people and that will help you to work better. Don’t assume things because assumption is the lowest level of knowledge.
4. Rest (Mrk.6;31); Jesus created time for rest! So don’t kill yourself. Make out time for your rest. Rest is good as it helps you to recuperate and be able to serve better.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real. Jesus died so that you will not end in hell, give your heart to Jesus today.
-Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive wisdom to practice Jesus’ style of leadership in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of the unction of Jesus’ leadership wisdom upon your life in the name of Jesus.
– May the God that turns nobody to somebody, turn your story around this season in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.