Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading non-profit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
– The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
– The Sokoto Grants Officer will be responsible for oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
– This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the Finance and Administration Officer.
– Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the projects Grants Manual
– Develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on financial activities as appropriate
– Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulation
– Assist large NGOs to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary
– Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring that they are always up-to-date
– Coordinate and support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits
– Conduct educational and training workshops on proposal preparation and/or financial monitoring, as necessary
– Responsible for entering and maintaining the Integrated Management Database System (IDMS)
. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or related field.
Skills and Experience
. Candidates for this position must have at least 2-4 years of experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting.
. Experience working with education programs is preferred.
. Candidates must be knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations and demonstrate previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as mail subject e.g; “Grants Officer” in the subject line of the email.
Note: Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.