Spread the love
TOPIC: PATHWAYS TO WISDOM FOR LEADERSHIP (PART 2)
Scripture :Proverbs 13: 20. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
Yesterday, we looked at the pathway of meditation! Today, we shall be considering the pathway of association.
What do we mean by association?
A. We mean the company you keep! We mean the people that surround you, the kind of friends you keep and those who are in strategic relationship with you!
B. It also means what you give your time to, the preacher you listen to, the books you read, the television programme you watch and the films you watch.
How does association bring wisdom?
1. Your company determines what accompanies you in life:
Proverbs 13: 20. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
If you move around with nine persons who are wise, get ready you will soon be the tenth wise person. Wisdom can be transferred from person to person through association.
Everyone who wants to be a wise leader must associate with wise leader! If you ignore these instructions and company with fools, you will soon be destroyed.
2. Your association influences your choice and preferences:
2 Corinthians 6: 14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
Beloved, do you desire wisdom?
Then there must be a separation between you and wrong association.
In terms of where you visit, the films you watch, the books you read and the people you listen to.
3. Your friends or companions have a way of corrupting your decision:
1 Corinthians 15: 33. Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
There are those who live a double standard lives – part of them is with Christ and part of them is in the world!
if you company with such a person your life will be corrupted. If you associate with an immoral person, it wouldn’t be long, you also will join in the band of immorality.
Beloved, do you desire wisdom, disconnect from any one who does not have the fear of God whether in the same church with you or not!
Keep away from fools who do not value what you value. Don’t even think of marrying someone with a corrupt value system.
4. Your being blessed in life depends on whom you hang around:
Psalm 1: 1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Observe what the scripture is saying here “walketh not” meaning your refusal to walk by the advice of the ungodly.
Beloved, do you desire wisdom?
Change your friends and association.
5. Where you are today is a product of the association you kept 5years ago! If you can have a fast track of the people you have associated with for the past few years, you will discover your life is gradually becoming like one of them.
You cannot company with a millionaire and not think like them! So also you cannot company with wise men and not become the next person to be wise!
In conclusion, your access to wisdom will largely be affected by who you associate with, does he have the fear of God or not because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom!
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! Make a decision of where to spend eternity today! Jesus loves you.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive grace to keep the right association in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of grace to keep the right association in the name of Jesus.
– Receive grace to end that relationship that may land you in trouble tomorrow.
– May you never company with Jonah in your destiny’s journey in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.