TOPIC: HONOUR- KEY TO ACTIVATING FAVOUR (PART 3)
SCRIPTURE:1 Peter 2:17. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
Beloved, in conclusion of the matter of honour as a key to activating favour, I will like to point out three things today.
1. Who deserves our honour?
It is easy to honour those who are ahead of you but very difficult to honour those who you feel you are better than including children!
Our anchor scripture said:
1 Peter 2: 17. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
So you are to honour all men, irrespective of their age, sex or academic status! Husbands must learn to honour their wives and wives must honour
Children must honour their parents and vice versa. Caution must be taken on the part of the parents not to honour their children above God! This was the problem of Eli and he paid dearly for it.
1 Samuel 2: 29. Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
A pastor must honour his congregation and members must honour their pastor etc
2. We must also understand that grace flows where there’s honour. On this one I have tested and proven it. If you want the grace of a man to work for you, never you dishonour that person in your heart because honour begins from your heart. So if you are a single lady trusting God to be married, when you see a married woman honour her!
The same applies to those trusting God for pregnancy, when you see a pregnant woman honour her. Oh there’s a gift you are trusting God for, when you see someone with it honour that person by so doing you are provoking the grace upon that person to flow into your life.
This is an established truth, what you fight or despise runs away from you, but what you celebrate comes to you! So, never you dishonour money, principles, person and God. Do you desire the anointing?
Then celebrate the carrier and by so doing you are activating favour.
3. How do I practice honour?
Depending on whom you are honouring per time. Hence you will need wisdom, tolerance, love and prayer to practice honour.
To honour the Lord;
1. It must be with your body. Your hands, your knees must be on the ground as a mark of honour to God. Your heart must constantly be full of gratitude for the wonderful works of God. Your lips must constantly testify of the goodness of the Lord and show to Him you are grateful. And never you use your body for sexual immorality (1Cor.6:15-20).
1 Corinthians 6: 20. For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
2. It must be with your substance: Your substance means your resources:
Proverbs 3: 9. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
If your heart worships God, your substance must follow.
3. It is honouring men that stand as God’s Oracle(priest)/prophet.
John 8: 49. Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
The challenge many a times is that familiarity breeds contempt. Most people will not honour those they know very well even though they are God’s servants.
Mark 6: 4. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
In conclusion, favour is activated when honour is on ground. Vashti dishonoured her husband and she was disposed of being queen. I pray that God will give you wisdom on how to practice honour every day of your life in the name of Jesus.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Have you settled the issue of where to spend eternity with God? Do it today by surrendering to Jesus Christ.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive grace to honour you with my body, my substance and all men in Jesus name.
– I declare your turnaround story begins now in the name of Jesus.
– You will not weep in the remaining part of this year in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.