TOPIC : HOW POWERFUL IS OFFENCE (PART 2)
Scripture :Colossians 3:19. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday, we started exploring how powerful offence is! And we did establish that offence is so powerful that it becomes the gateway to all forms of sins and that offence has the power to deny one of access to certain realms in life and in anointing.
Today, we shall press further to look at how powerful this force called offence is.
How powerful is the force of offence?
1. It is the gateway to all forms of sins and iniquities.
2. It can deny one access to certain realms and the Anointing (for details check yesterday meditation)
3. It has the power to destroy love in rapid succession. The greatest enemy of love is offence! Anywhere offence abounds continually, love can never exist there.
This explains why God categorically commanded men to love their wives instead of permitting offence that can lead to bitterness:
Colossians 3: 19. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Love is provoked by an attitude that is offence free.
Everyone that is born of God is born of love. We have the love of God in our hearts by the help of the Holy Spirit (Rom.5:5). But that love will not be fully expressed in an atmosphere of rancour and acrimony.
I have counselled couples who were once best of lovers, who now see themselves as worst enemies. And when asked what had happened to their love, the response is, “pastor the love has expired!” I begin to wonder why two believers born of God could get to the point where their marital love would expire.
Today, I understand better. When offence is retained for too long, unforgiveness is harboured, bitterness mounts the stage and love eventually takes its leave. Offence and love can never stay together hence the Bible says :
Ephesians 4: 31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
4. Offence has the power to separate a person from his/her destiny helpers(Gen.13:1-12): Lot never knew Abraham was his destiny helper! A man that was nobody suddenly grew and his resources began to compete with that of his uncle, his destiny helper. Offence struck and he separated himself from him and went astray.
Beloved, that your boss you are offended at could be your destiny helper! That your pastor you are offended at could be your destiny helper.
That God sent friend of yours that you threw away could be your destiny helper. Even your spouse could be your destiny helper! Don’t allow offence to separate you from the help you are meant to receive.
There are relationships that should have led to marriage that have been aborted because of offences. Say no to the venom of offence today.
5. Offence can disconnect a man from his source of livelihood. There are so many persons who have walked out of opportunities because of offence. Some have tendered a resignation letter out of offence only to regret it in future. There are those who backed out of contract deals with their friends because of offence. Some have gone to establish premature ministry because of offence!
A good example is between Barnabas Paul (Acts 15:36-40)! It wasn’t time to be separated but offence separated Barnabas from Paul and because of that premature separation, nothing was heard of Barnabas ministry again.
Beloved, don’t break out of that ministry to start your own because of offence. If you must leave a ministry it should not be on the ground of offence. And for those who disconnected from their pastor because of offence go and get back to your source of spiritual nourishment. Say no to offence in your heart and the Lord bless you for it.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. Rejection of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice equals eternity in hell. Give your heart to Christ today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me never give room to offences in my life anymore in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy restoration for every strain or broken relationship in the name of Jesus
– Every helper you have lost due to offences, may the mercy of God restore them back to you in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.