TOPIC: HOW POWERFUL IS THE FORCE OF LIGHT?
Scripture: Acts 12: 7. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of how powerful light is, we shall explore the story of Peter the apostle.
How powerful light is?
A case study of Apostle Peter.
1. It has the power to transform a nonentity to some entity
2. It has the power to eliminate fear and instill courage
3. It imparts boldness.(details in yesterday meditations
4. Light has the power to raise a man up even though in chains and in prison:
Acts 12: 7. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up,
No matter how tied down you are, when light comes, you must rise up. To rise up is to terminate stagnation.
Isaiah 60: 1. Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
When you rise up, you must shine. Your shining depends on your light. No matter the prison the devil kept you, when your light comes you must rise up and you must shine.
5. Light has the power to break off every chain. The second thing we noticed about Peter in prison was his chains fell off :
Acts 12: 7. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: … And his chains fell off from his hands.
Beloved chains represent limitations! When your light comes, chains are broken because the power of light is strong enough to shatter every fetter. Joseph was kept in prison, but when light came, he came out of that prison. (Ps. 105:17-19)!
I don’t know what kind of fetter has held you down in life, by the force of light that is coming your way this season, I command that fetter broken to pieces in the name of Jesus.
6. Light has the power to give directions: the third thing we notice about Peter in prison is that the arrival of light is the arrival of direction :
Acts 12: 8. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
Peter never knew there was a way out of that prison until light arrived with the arrival of the angel. Direction was given to him to come out.
Beloved I don’t know the prison condition you are in currently, but I have good news for you, your light is coming now and the way out of that prison will be revealed to you.
7. Light has the power to open doors: The next thing we notice about the story of Peter is doors opened to him after the arrival of light! The Bible said even Iron gates open on it’s own for Peter to pass :
Acts 12: 10. When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: …
Beloved it doesn’t matter how thick the prison doors may be, one thing is certain, when your light comes that gate you have been looking at as if it is impossible will open up to you.
8. Light has the power to give motion :
Acts 12: 10. … and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.
The arrival of light announced the arrival of the angel and the result is Peter moved out of prison!
Beloved, whatever prison the enemy has locked you up in, there is bound to be motion when your light comes because you will come out and start making progress.
In conclusion, light from heaven is so powerful that when your own light comes, you will arise and shine, your chain/fetters will fall off, direction and motion will come into your life and every closed door will open on its own accord.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. The choice of eternity is made while alive. Live for Jesus today.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord may your light visit my condition today in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy sudden visitation of divine light upon your life and every prison condition in the name of Jesus.
– Every door locked against you, is hereby declared open in the name of Jesus.
– Arise and shine!
From your brother Alex
God bless you.