As part of human’s nature, humans love to explore, in search of opportunities and bounties. Travelling abroad is an inherent property of Nigerians. Nigerians travel abroad for different reasons; some go abroad to study, in search of job and green pasture, some for holiday, business trips and medical attention. All these are what Nigerians hanker aboard.
The United States is a place of virtues; a place where everyone in the world craves, a place of qualitative and quantitative social and basic amenities, that makes life easy and comfortable. This makes other nations revere and pay obeisance to the USA.
As it is commonly said; if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Everyone wants to travel US to enjoy and optimize the opportunities in the nation. To travel to the US, one needs a visa; a document that facilitates the sojourn. Follow the below steps to apply for American visa
- Get your Nigerian International Passport: This passport is your means of identification abroad; you can get this from Nigeria Immigration Service office. This passport is one of the essential documents needed to aid your visa processing.
- Visit American Embassy: You need to visit the American embassy to express your intent.it is located at Abuja and Consulate General in Lagos.
- Choose your choice of visa: There are different types of visa; each depends on the intent of your journey. You have to be very careful and apply for the visa that applies to your condition. There are common non-immigrant visas; this is a short stay visa, commonly issued for business trips, holiday etc. also, there are immigrant visas for anyone that wishes to stay in US permanently. Once you choose a visa, what to do next is to pay for the visa in any GTbank outlet.
- Complete the DS-160 form: Upon your payment, you are required to complete the DS-160 form. You have to fill the form cautiously because once you submit; there is no room for correction. In addition, ensure you consult an immigration lawyer when filing the DS-160 form.
- Create a profile on US embassy system: What follows is creating a profile on US embassy system by visiting cgifederal.secure.force.com; you will be asked your email and password to complete your registration and confirm your account. After your confirmation, login to your dashboard, and schedule an appointment on the left hand side of your dashboard.
- Schedule an appointment: When your appointment has been successfully scheduled, you will need the following documents: application passport number, the receipt of the deposit of your visa from GTbank, 10 digits barcode from your DS-160 confirmation page. Also, you are required to fill forms for your bio data, document delivery location, confirm your visa payment and schedule an appointment. After the successful completion of this, visit the US embassy on the date and time on your visa interview schedule.
- Attend the interview: At the interview, you would be asked ridiculous questions; ensure you answer all questions diligently. Give the lucrative reasons for your sojourn and let your interviewers perceive some positivity in you; be modest and honest in your speech and appearance. This will make your interview successful and your visa granted easily. At this juncture, you are at hair breadth to the US.
Living in the US is heart warming; there are lots of opportunities therein but only for those have clear purpose. This is why you see people deported in no time. The US is not a place where you find shortcuts to success; it is a place where your efforts are rewarded handsomely. Ensure you have a clear purpose before processing your move; this will make you useful to yourself and the system and also deters you from fomenting troubles to their government. Go there and actualize your dreams!