If you are from Nigeria or you are planning to visit Nigeria soon, this is one of the most consumed food delicacy, Nigerians don’t joke with fried rice, apparently, the 2 major kind of rice delicacy, Nigerians love is Jollof Rice and Fried rice, any food outlet that wants to make good sales, always target this two type of rice delicacy.
There are many events, parties, ceremonies, holiday and season that are characterize with Fried rice in Nigeria, like Christmas, wedding, birthday, and other major ceremonies, if you don’t cook them, you have an explanation to make to the people. Today, i will be teaching you how to make nigerian fried rice.
- Rice (based on the amount you wish to cook)
- Green pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Meat (chicken, goat, or beef)
- Cow liver
- Curry powder
- Green bean
- Cubes of seasoning (Maggi)
- Boiled meat water
- Preparation of the liver.
- Wash the liver thoroughly with water for about three times, dice it after washing. Place the diced live inside a pot and boil for like 10 minutes, then set it aside for some time.
- Preparation of vegetables.
- Onions: wash very well and chop the onions.
- Carrots: scrape the back of the carrot, wash very well and dice it.
- Peas: wash it and steam it with little salt.
- Green pepper: remove the seed from it, was thoroughly and then dice it.
- Preparation of curried rice.
- Step1: parboil the rice for about 10 minutes; ensure that the parboiling does not exceed 10 minutes so as to ensure that it does not get too soft that it ought to. Also the parboiling helps to ensure that some percent of starch been removed to avoid sticking together of the rice. After parboiling, rinse it very well with clean water.
- Step2: place the parboiled rice in a pot, add the boiled meat water. Add some water, curry powder (for color and taste), seasoning cube (Maggi), salt and minced garlic. Cover the pot, leave to cook till the water dries up.
- The fried rice preparation.
Fried rice is usually done in batches, if you really desire to go the authentic way, you will have to divide the rice, veggies, and every other thing dividable into almost four parts depending on the total of everything.
- Step1: heat about two teaspoon of vegetable oil in a large pan.
- Step2: after heating the oil, add the first batch of the veggies (carrot, onions, beans, green pepper, and peas) and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Also add the first batch of the liver and stir for about 2 minutes, continue by adding the first batch of the curried rice you prepare earlier and stir very well to incorporate the mixture, leave for about 1 minute before turning to pot.
Repeat same process for the remaining batches.
N.B. if you won’t want to pass through all the stress of putting it into batches because it may be very stressful, especially when it is involving a lot of it. Just simply stir-fry the whole veggies at once and the live in a pan, add the curried rice and mix very well to incorporate the mixtures. Leave to heat further on a low heat for some minutes.
Lastly serve hot!