Personal hygiene is very crucial in human’s life; there are some parts that must be kept clean always, the hair, nails and the skin.
These two parts actually define the level of cleanliness of any individual. The health of the hair should be treated as important as possible; the sight of a jaded hair in animals is always displeasing let alone humans.
The beauty of a person starts from the hair; it must be treated as healthy as possible.
The hair is a very sensitive part of the body; the condition of the hair changes with season, thus, the care must be in accordance with the prevailing condition. Just like humans, the hair also shows distinct signs when it is unhealthy; the hair looks rough, dull, itching and other displeasing reactions. The entire body feels the debacle of the hair. However, there are natural ways to treat the hair when ill, irrespective of the nature of the illness. These materials are:
- Raw egg.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Argan oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Dairy products
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cornmeal or corn starch
These materials have been scientifically proven to be very effective in improving the hair’s condition. They are used differently and used to treat different hair conditions. There are several conditions that affect the health of the hair; these conditions often inflict pain on the individual bearing the hair. Some of these conditions are highlighted below with the necessary treatment to resuscitate the hair; they are:
- Dry hair: Dry hair makes one looks jaded and unkempt; it holds dust and other tiny particles and always very tough to comb. At times, it causes headache, making the bearer feel grossly uncomfortable. To treat this hair condition, blend half avocado with two tablespoons of argan oil, 10 drops of rosemary essential oil and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply the mash to the hair wholesomely from the tip to the root. Leave it for about 15 minutes then rinse and cleanse with shampoo. Try to do this at least once in a month; you will see changes in the texture of your hair.
- Dull hair: Naturally, a healthy hair should be vibrant and shiny; it should be a center of attraction and beacons always. However, when your hair looks dull, it repels and depicts you are not psychologically upright. Dull hair is not natural, it should be reverted; this can be done by using dairy products like plain yogurt and sour cream. To treat dull hair, massage the hair with half cup of sour cream or plain yogurt vigorously; allow settling for about 20 minutes after which you rinse with warm water, followed by cool water and lastly shampoo. This should be done at least once in two weeks.
- Itchy scalp: This is very annoying and displeasing; Itchy scalp makes one very uncomfortable and sad in severe cases; it is often caused by poor diet, stress and climate. This condition can be treated with olive oil, lemon juice and water. Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of water together. Massage the liquid into the scalp and allow settling for 20 minutes, then rinsing and cleansing the hair with shampoo. Apply this treatment every week.
- Sun-Damaged hair: The intensity of the sun can damage the hair, making it loose vigour and unattractive. This is commonly notice in places with hot climate. Sun-Damaged hair can be treated with honey, avocado or egg york and olive oil; mix the half cup of honey, two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of avocado or egg yolk. Massage the hair with this mixture and allow to settle for about 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water; repeating this at least once in month.
- Oily or greasy hair: Though, the presence of oil in hair is very good in most cases but not in excess. Too much anything is detrimental; when a hair is too oil, it would be very difficult to style. A moderate level of oil in the hair most always be achieved; this could be achieved through the use of cornmeal or cornstarch. Apply, intermittently, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or cornmeal onto the hair till it finally used up. After about 10 minutes, brush the hair with hair brush to remove the cornstarch completely; do this at least once in a week.
The hair is the center of attraction; beauty lies therein. All measures have to be adopted to ensure the hair is in good condition always; the above treatments are cheap and the materials ended are locally available. You have no reason to keep your hair jaded; take the health of your hair cogent always.