TOPIC: IT IS TIME TO GIVE THANKS
Scripture: Psalm 75: 1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The journey of 365days that started few days ago is now left with 306days!
Two solid months are already gone! Waow! We give thanks to God Almighty who has made it possible for us to see today, the first day in the month of March. Today our focus is on Thanksgiving.
Our anchor scripture says “Psalm 75: 1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.”
Beloved, it is time for another thanksgiving! I want you to think for one minute and remember what God has done for you in the past two months. You will agree with me that God deserves our thanks and praises!.
Why are we talking about thanking God?
We are saying it is time to say thank you Lord for your wondrous works (PS.75:1)! What are these wondrous works so far?
1. For gift of life.
Psalm 3: 5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Many started January with us but didn’t survive to see today, the first day of March, the third month of the year. It is a wonder we are still alive today. It is time we say thank you Lord.
2. The wonder of His mercy: Lamentations 3: 22. It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
It is the mercy of God that has provided us with all that we enjoy daily. Even when we don’t pray or we misbehave, mercy forbids us to receive the punishment we deserve and does not permit the devil to make mockery of us.
3. For the wonders of Divine preservation.
Psalm 91: 7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
We have enjoyed Divine preservation despite insecurity, demonic attacks and all manners of evil in the land but the wonders of His preservation has kept us from all evil including the kidnappers of men and ritualist. God indeed deserves our thanks.
4. For the wonders of answers to prayers. Many of us have experienced answers to our prayers in one form or the other since the year began, hence it is time to say thank you Lord God!
5. We need to thank God because of the multiplicity of wonders that thanksgiving often produce. Infact, our thanksgiving is application for more.(Jn.11:41-42).
*Luke 17: 19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.*
Amongst the ten lepers that came to Jesus only one was made whole because when he came to give thanks, he simply applied for more.
Beloved, the first month and second month have come and gone. Do you see anything to thank God for? If you can thank God for just one then the remaining things you are expecting God to do is a done deal. I want to crave your indulgence to set aside some time to thank God for your life today. Don’t complain of what is not working yet, thank God for your life and family and celebrate God for the remaining ten months ahead of you, I see a fulfilling year for you this year. Welcome to the month of March.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! Eternity lies ahead of every man, get prepared for it today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Father thank you for the gift of life, thank you for your mercy, thank you for answering my prayers, thank you for preservation and all that you will yet do for me this year in the name of Jesus.
– Father, thank you for January and February! The month of March shall be a better one for me in the name of Jesus.
– In this month, you will match over the head of your enemies, Jehovah shall surprise you in the name of Jesus
– The Lord shall bless you and give you a new song in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.