TOPIC: KEEPING YOUR FAITH ALIVE DESPITE ALL ODDS
Scripture: Hebrews 4: 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Beloved, I welcome you to the last day of the month of August! As we bring our theme of faith the key to believer’s victory to a close, there is need for us to know how to keep our faith despite all odds.
How do we keep our faith despite all odds that is out to rob us of our faith?
1. We must understanding the reality of the word of God.
Hebrews 4: 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
We must understand that the basis of our faith is the word of God. And as such strive to lay hold on the word for every issue. For every opportunity to receive the word of God, we must give it our maximum attention.
2. We must know the reality of our redemption.
Colossians 1: 13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
We are redeemed from a kingdom of darkness to light, we were not redeemed to sickness, disease, affliction or poverty. The knowledge that we have been translated from the domain of Satan, sin and it’s attendance should equip you with a mindset to turn your faith loose.
3. We must know the reality of our new creation in Christ:
Ephesians 2: 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
The reality of a mindset that you are now brand new creature(2Cor.5:17) with the mind of Christ(1Cor.2:16) should also turn your faith loose.
4. We must know the reality of our righteousness in Christ. When you stand before the Lord, delete from your mind the sense of inferiority or that you are not righteous. For the Bible said:
2 Corinthians 5: 21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
5. We must know the reality of the fact that the Holy Spirit now dwells in our heart from the day we surrendered to the Lord Jesus Christ, that should also should turn your faith loose.
1 John 4: 4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
6. We must know the reality of our fellowship is with God the Father! Any time you are standing up to pray or fellowship know for sure our fellowship is with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
1 John 1: 3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
7. We must know the reality of the authority given to us as we engage the name of Jesus:
John 16: 23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Mark 16: 17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Beloved, you are at liberty to use the delegated authority in Christ. You have the power of attorney to use the name of Jesus.
In conclusion, to continuously experience the faith life, ensure you receive word from God, understand it by meditation until it produces conviction, then act as if the word is true.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. There comes a time when one must bid the world farewell, where will you spend eternity?
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord I receive grace to maintain my faith by doing the needful in Jesus name.
– I declare every dead faith come back to life in the name of Jesus! To those who have lost faith in God, let there be restoration.
– I declare victory over every battle and challenges that is currently confronting you now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.