TOPIC: KEYS TO GODLY WISDOM FOR LEADERSHIP
Scripture :Psalm 111: 10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:….
Acts 24: 16. And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! As a way of reminder, the wisdom we have been discussing so far is godly wisdom! It has a key which is the fear of God!
However, this fear of God is sponsored by a tender conscience.
Hence our focus today is maintaining a tender conscience that fuels the fear of God which is key to accessing wisdom!
What do we mean by tender conscience?
1. It is a living conscience : This is opposite of dead conscience as describe in 1Tim. 4:2! As a leader when your conscience is dead, you can do iniquities with impunity! However, a living conscience has restraint! The Holy Spirit impart caution through such conscience that has come alive.
2. It is a good conscience Acts23:1, 1Pet. 3:16. A leader with a tender conscience does good.
3. It is a pure conscience (1Tim. 3:9): It is easy for a leader with tender conscience to live in purity.
Why do we need a tender conscience?
1. A tender conscience cannot keep on sinning without confessing it(1Jn.1;9).
He cannot put up with unconfessed sins! So if your conscience is alive you cannot be repeating the same sin every day without confession.
This is the fear of God that opens the door for wisdom. You cannot be romancing with sin and expect wisdom!
2. A tender conscience forbids taking the word of God for granted(Phil.2:12, 1Pet.1;22)! As soon as the word comes, he/she doesn’t argue with the word, but just obeys! That obedience is what pulls wisdom to his direction.
3. A tender conscience will never give excuses for sin(Jn.8;9)! He does not explain it away, he knows
wrong is wrong and he accepts responsibility for his/her action.
For example, you took your spouse money, even though it is your spouse money, anytime you touch what you are not given, you will not be at rest. This is what attracts wisdom.
4. A tender conscience forbids enjoyment of sin(1Jn.3:8-9)! There are those who enjoy sin, but when your conscience comes alive and become tender, it is very difficult!
Any one who call himself child of God cannot enjoy sin because of tender conscience! This is the fear of God that attracts wisdom.
5. A tender conscience makes living in sin impossible because he/she becomes restless and helpless as soon as he/she tampers with sin.(2Tim.2:19)
This is the fear of God that attracts wisdom.
Beloved, your conscience can be dead or living! But it takes a living conscience to maintain the fear of God.
And the fear of God is what births wisdom.
Psalm 111: 10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
How then do you develop and maintain a tender conscience?
A. A tender conscience is gotten by being born again(Jn. 3:3-5)!
Every unregenated heart has a conscience that is dead until they encounter Christ.
B. Maintaining or keeping your conscience alive requires constant excise of the conscience (Acts 24:16) by:
I. Urgently confessing every known sin as soon as your heart condemns you.
II. Repent and forsake your wrong doing (Prov.28:13)!
Don’t just repent, forsake, otherwise you will soon be use to confessing the same sin every now and then.
Beloved leader, wisdom has eyes to see where she is being invited! One of such invitation is a tender conscience!
Don’t close the door against wisdom by being hardened or permitting a dead conscience because a dead conscience has no allowances for the fear of God which is key to wisdom.
Remember this : heaven is real and hell is real your choice of eternity lies in your hands. Jesus loves you.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive grace to maintain a tender conscience in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of a tender conscience upon you in Jesus name
– Anytime your heart smites you, receive grace to repent in Jesus name.
– May you not be victim of men with wicked/evil conscience in Jesus name
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.