TOPIC: KEYS TO MAINTAINING STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS (PART 2)
Scripture :Acts 24: 16. And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter. In continuation of what we started yesterday on how to maintain strategic relationships.
How do you maintain strategic Relationships?
1. It will cost you honour
2. It will cost you tolerance (for details check yesterday’s meditation)
3. It will cost you living an offense free life! You cannot be living in offence and maintain relationships. One grave enemy of relationships is offense. When you are offended you are hurt, you feel bitter and love takes her leave!
Beloved, do you know the hurt you have been carrying around is simply your reaction to displeasure. That anger that is boiling up in your mind is just your reaction to what you feel, it is not right!
Please, please be informed that, as long as you are here on earth, people must offend you.
As long as two people are relating or living together there is bound to be offence. As long as we are still wearing flesh and blood, there must be offence! Here’s what Jesus said:
Luke 17: 1. Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
So while you are still living in a world of human beings, get ready for offence. Between husband and wife, brothers and sisters, co-workers, church members, etc are various degrees of offences! The earlier we prepare our minds for it the better for us.
What then is the way out, how do I leave an offence free life?
1. Expect offence. That is, prepare for it before it arrives. Jesus has already told us that offense must come, so the earlier we prepare for it the better for us. The idea of saying ‘I’m disappointed in you’ will not be there!
The place of wearing long face all day will not be there. Many people are in pains today just because the one they so much love and cherish betrayed them or broke their hearts. But if they have prepared for it before it happened, the shock will not be much.
2. Practice advance forgiveness! Forgive even before the offender says, “I’m sorry”. It is ensuring your conscience is free from offence always!
Acts 24: 16. And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
To ensure that happens, it is deliberately exercising yourself to forgive your offender even when he/she has not admitted he/she offended you.
Refuse to go to bed with offense in your heart especially for husbands and wives because offense kills love very fast. If your conscience is punctured with offense, your love will suddenly go flat like a deflated tyre, and be rest assured so many things will go wrong with your life.
What is the result of permitting offence?
1. It separates a person from destiny helpers(Gen.13:1-12): A good example is Lot. He never knew Abraham was his destiny helper!
A man that was nobody suddenly grew and his resources began to compete with that of his uncle, his destiny helper. Offence struck and he separated himself from him and went astray.
Beloved, that your boss you are offended at could be your destiny helper! That your pastor you are offended at could be your destiny helper.
That God sent friend of yours that you threw away could be your destiny helper. Even your spouse could be your destiny helper! Don’t allow offence to separate you from the help you are meant to receive.
2. it will separate you from your source. A good example is between Barnabas and Paul (Acts 15:36-40)! It wasn’t time to be separated but offence separated Barnabas from Paul and because of premature separation nothing was heard of Barnabas ministry again
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Rejection of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice equals eternity in hell. Give your heart to Christ today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me never give room to offences in my life anymore in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy restoration for every strained or broken relationship in the name of Jesus
– Every helper you have lost due to offences, may the mercy of God restore them back to you in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.