TOPIC : LET GO OF YOUR PAST
Scripture :Philippians 3: 13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! As we bring the subject of forgiveness to a close, I want you to know that you can not walk in love without forgiveness.
We have established that forgiveness is a two edged sword: forgiving oneself and others. However forgiveness is not complete without letting go of your past. Today our focus is on letting go of your past.
Our anchor scripture(Phil.3:13) gives a narrative of a man who was a persecutor, an injurious man to the body of Christ(1Tim.1:15-17).
One who single-handedly supervised the matyre of Stephen(Acts7:58), who has now obtained mercy is the one telling us how he was able to overcome his terrible past. He said “he forgot it”!
Beloved, the key to a glorious future is letting go of your past. The past in question could be success or failure! It was your yesterday’s decision that has brought you where you are now.
Some of us, our past is full of regrets especially for wrong choices and wrong decisions made. We have cried and lamented about it! The Holy Ghost is saying today, forgive yourself and let go of your past. Although painful, yet, with the supplies of the Holy Spirit receive grace to let go and move on!
That event that happened yesterday or yesteryears has become your past.That unfortunate incident that made you a single parent is in the past now. That issue that has tagged your life a failure is past. That disgrace you received the other day is past. That insult you received is the in the past. That disappointment of your life that you received is past. Enough is enough!
Stop crying over a spilt milk! Did someone break your heart and leave you? Oh were you impregnated and abandoned or your trusted friend betrayed you!
Whatever be your case, I have good news for you today it is time for recovery! God has remembered you. It is time to walk out of that emotional torture. Pick up your pieces and start all over again.
Did sin bow your head? It is time to raise up your head again, receive the forgiveness that Jesus offers today, and give forgiveness to your self and others.
Why do you need to let go of your past?
1. You cannot arrive into a glorious tomorrow if you carry your past with you. Your past is past, you cannot change it. You can only learn your lesson quickly and move on with your life. The earlier, the better for you. Your past is a bad driver, don’t permit it to drive you to your future.
2. Carrying your past is like carrying a bag of rotten tomatoes, you wouldn’t be able to cope with the smell. There are many who are carrying around such rotten and smelly past. They wear long faces around as if the world is owing them! Cheat the devil with a smile and move on with your life while you let go of the pains and hurt of the past.
3. Carrying your past is carrying a weight that can destroy you:
Hebrews 12: 1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
4. Carrying your past is grieving the Holy Spirit:
Ephesians 4: 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
5. Carrying your past is tying down your life. If only many have known that their past put a rope to their future, you would have let go quickly. When you refuse to let go of your past, you simply tie down your future with your own hands, hence stagnation is inevitable!. That shall not be your portion in Jesus name.
Beloved, don’t allow any devil make you stagnated. Let go of your past today and you will have a breathe of fresh air.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. Unforgiveness can take one to hell. Forgive and let go of every emotional battle.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord I receive grace to walk in love and forgive and let go of all that has hurt me in life in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of healing balm on every soul that is sick emotionally.
– You are coming out of that pit wherein there is no water.
– You are blessed!
From your brother Alex
God bless you.