TOPIC : LIGHT-KEY TO PRAYERS
Scripture :Matthew 17: 2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we established that your light is key to your faith as well to your rising in life. Today, we intend to extend it further by looking at your light and your prayer life.
It has been confirmed that men of prayer are men of light! Every time you catch a new revelation or light from the word of God, you are spurred to prayers.
Our definition of prayer is a function of our light on the subject of prayer.
The more you know the better you become. Therefore, to be a better Christian in your prayer life, contend for light from the scriptures.
Examples of men with higher light in the realm of prayer:
1. Apostle Ayo Joseph Babalola: He was practically a man with higher light in the realm of prayer. He pioneered the revival of 1930 in Ilesa, Osun State! He was known as a man of the mountain as he founded several mountains.
I have visited two of Apostle Joseph Babalola mountains, one in Osun State and another one in Ido-Ile Ekiti.
On that mountain, we were shown, the location where the Apostle knelt down to pray and a python came to attack him while praying, the python was simply electrocuted because God’s servant possessed higher lights in the realm of power and prayer.
2. Elijah: He was also a man of light on the subject of prayer. He could practically pray and lock up the heavens over a Nation:
James 5: 17. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
3. Also our Lord Jesus Christ the Light of the world was also a man of prayer because of insight on the issue of prayer. Jesus was seen always going to the mountains to pray!
It was on one of such occasions that He went to a high mountain to commune with God that light broke out! That Light was referred to transfiguration. Imagine, the Light of the world, receiving a higher Light that was even described as heavier than the sun in intensity ;
Matthew 17: 2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Beloved, the list continues of men and women who took the heavens by storm because of their prayers. We can therefore deduce that our prayer life is determined by our light. The more light we possess, the more prayerful we become.
How can you connect to that higher light that fuels prayer?
1. It takes discipline to search the scriptures. You must maintain discipline to avoid distraction.
2. It takes discipline to embark on a mountain experience. The mountain experience is an experience where people go the extra mile to seek God. It is an experience, where you forget about your comfort and convenience just to seek God.
Jesus did not go to the mountain to play, He went there to pray.
What then is a mountain?
1.The mountain is a place of separation. You are separated from distraction to God (Prov. 18:1)
2. The mountain is a place where you connect with the voice of God. (Habkk. 2:1)
3. The mountain is any location where divinity can have Koinonia or partnership with humanity.(Lk. 9:28-30)
4. The mountain is a place of deep intercession and not a place of gisting.
5. The mountain is a place of serious warfare prayer.(Matt. 26:39).
Beloved, you may not have access to a high mountain, but there is somewhere around you, that can become a mountain. You may not climb a very tall mountain, yet you can experience mountain at any choice location. Strive for mountain top experience and the Light of God will shine on you.
Remember this :Heaven is real and hell is real. Jesus loves you so much that He died for you and me.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive the discipline to search the scriptures and engage mountain top experience in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy your story is changing for good in the name of Jesus.
– May the God of sudden visitation visit you suddenly in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.