TOPIC: LIGHT – THE KEY TO SACRIFICE
Scripture: Psalm 50: 5. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
Today is boxing day, a day set aside to unravel boxes of gifts that must have been received within the festive season. And the Holy Ghost wants us to shed light on the subject of sacrifice.
What is sacrifice?
Sacrifice is the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone.
Light is key to sacrifice because the light/understanding / revelation you had about sacrifice affect your willingness to part away with what you have! Sacrifice could be monthly, quarterly or annually.
For every ministry that has blessed your life, it is advisable to do an annual sacrifice either at the beginning of the year or end of the year.
If you are a believer, sacrifice must be a part of your life regularly, because those that are unbelievers practice a lot of sacrifice. For example, terrorism thrives because there are men who have decided to sacrifice their resources to fund it.
Why do we need to engage in sacrifice?
1. Your sacrifice is a platform of entering into covenant with God:
Psalm 50: 5. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
So, when you bring a sacrifice to a ministry, you are equally entering a covenant with God on behalf of that ministry to partner in furtherance of the gospel.
2. Sacrifice is a way of demonstrating your love towards God, His servants and the works of God. Solomon loved the Lord and he demonstrated it with a sacrifice:
1 Kings 3: 3. And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places. 4. And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.
People talk about Solomon’s sacrifice but forget about his love! Sacrifice without love is simply a waste of resources. It was love first in the heart of Solomon that provoked the sacrifice.
3. Sacrifice is a show of appreciation to God. Your thanksgiving is incomplete without a sacrifice!
The Bible speaking said:
Psalm 20: 3. Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.
1 Chronicles 16: 29. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
4. Sacrifice puts an end to plague (2Sam.24:13-24); There are plagues or affliction that may have come as a result of man’s carelessness and sin. It will require sacrifice to put an end to such affliction. The Bible said:
2 Samuel 24: 25. And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. So the LORD was intreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel.
So sacrifice can stop some mysterious affliction.
5. Sacrifice can provoke your Ebenezer to battle(1Sam.7:6-13). When Samuel offered sacrifice on behalf of the nation of Israel, there was thunder from above.
Even an heathen king offered sacrifice and the battle turned against the people of God(2Kg.3 :26-27).
Beloved, there are battles you have been fighting alone, as the year comes to a close engage in sacrifice and watch what happens next.
6. Sacrifice is a mystery to next level(Luke 5:1-10). Peter sacrifice his boat for Jesus to minister to the crowd. And immediately after that, an instruction that birthed a net breaking miracle followed.
Beloved, If you are tired of a level and you intend to change level then engage in sacrifice.
N/B: if you are led to sow into this ministry kindly private chat me.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Don’t joke with your eternal soul, give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive grace to practice sacrifice regularly in the name of Jesus.
– I declare open heaven as you engage the mystery of sacrifice.
– May you receive the instruction on the kind of sacrifice to embark upon in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.