Spread the love
DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR COUNTRY. THOSE WHO LOVE THEIR NATION NEVER GIVE UP!
THE SOCIAL MEDIA IS FILLED WITH ALL SORTS OF MISINFORMATION
YOU WILL NOT MISINFORM PEOPLE IF YOU LOVE YOUR NATION
Pastor Gary Ozegbe on “Love For Your Nation” at SMHOS First Service
1 Corinthians 13:1-8
*You must pray for your nation daily.
*There’s hope for a nation if men and women and citizens of he nation can demonstrate love for her.
*You must avoid indifference. You should show concern for your nation.
Put your hands together for Jesus as you take your seat
Whichever nation you are, we are looking at love for your nation.
Love is a set of emotions and behaviors characterise by passion and commitment. it is not just feeling but commitment.
Where there is love, there is life. Love is not only something you feel but something you do.
Love is action.
Love is a decision.
Love for your nation is a decision you must make.
We have important decisions in life. Love shows that you are born of God 1 John 4:8.
What is love for your Nation?
Love for your nation means having a deep and intense passion for the development and comfort of your nation. Love is caring for each other, even when you are angry.
WHAT IT MEANS TO LOVE YOUR NATION
1 Doing everything possible to restore her lost glory. Nehemiah is a scriptural example for this. He took permission to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
2. It means praying for your nation and thinking well of her. You must pray for your nation daily. You must think good of her.
3. It means to be proud of your nation.
4. Finding and locating lasting solutions to her challenges instead of criticizing her.
5. It is promoting peaceful coexistence.
6. It means protecting her structures from collapse by promoting godly values.
HOW DO I LOVE MY NATION?
Love has proofs. Love has evidence. It is demonstrated continuously and everywhere. There’s hope for a nation if men and women and citizens of the nation can demonstrate love for her.
1. You must give to your nation. Nation lovers are builders not destroyers. Anything you love, you want to protect. Always think of how to make the nation better. John 3:16. God gave because God love.
2. You must avoid indifference. You should show concern for your nation.
3. Do not misinform others. Misinformation leads to misunderstanding. On Social media, there are all manners of lies. People spreading fake information. Please don’t misinform others
4 You should not compromise. Some years back, I was driving and got stuck in the traffic. Some people where going through the wrong lane. The person with me in the car pressured me to go the illegal direction and we were caught by officers of the law. Never compromise your standards. Compromise means lowering your standard.
5. You must not give up on your country. Those who love their nation never give up.
6. You must be actively involved in the political process.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THOSE WHO LOVE THEIR NATION
1. They exhibit patriotism. Patriotism is love for your nation in practice.
2. Service to the nation. They are contribution driven. They are looking for what to do for their nation. Philippians 4:8
3. They are statesmen. They provide solutions. They promote national advancement.
4. They maintain a good name and reputation because people judge a nation by actions of people. Proverbs 22:1 Children must be taught to have good names and reputation.
WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE YOUR NATION
1. You cannot prosper in a nation you do not love. Psalm 122:6-9.
2. It is with love that you can move your nation forward. A nation cannot attain a reasonable height unless citizens show love for the nation.
3. You only become celebrated when you contribute to the beauty of your nation. In Israel till today, David is still celebrated till now.
THINGS TO DO IF GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A POSITION OF AUTHORITY
You are in that position to protect the cause of God.
You must go against any policy that will not favor the church. You must use what you have to serve.
Project the kingdom of God
THINGS YOU MUST AVOID WHEN GOD LIFTS YOU.
1. Avoid Pride as you serve God. James 4:6. It is dangerous for God to resist a man. So we must avoid pride to remain where God wants us to be.
2. Avoid Idolatry. Deuteronomy 8:29. You must not have other gods. Money should not be another god for you. You should not be seen running after a godfather.
3. Don’t have an alternative. Avoid it. Jeremiah 17:5-6. Having alternatives is the problem of many people all over the world. Always look up to Jesus. Do not create your own alternative.