Other Emerging Facts on Collapsed Building
Press release on the building collapse at Okpanam, Asaba, Delta State, Nigeria as Senior Pastor, David Ibiyeomie visits victims at the hospital
Collapse of Church Facility, Emerging Facts:
Following the collapse of a rented church building by Salvation Ministries in Okpanam, Delta State emerging facts reveal that:
1. The facility, which rent was renewed in November 2021, was sold with its subsisting tenancy in December 2021.
2. The new owner without prior notice to the tenants, Salvation Ministries, entered the Church facility to take custody of the building.
3. The Church, shocked by the development approached its landlord, the former owner, who confirmed the sale of the building and offered to refund the subsisting rent.
4. Attempts by the Church authorities to negotiate with the new owner did not yield any result as he was adamant on recovering his property.
5. Things came to a head, when during the Church service he authorised the removal of a pillar in the building.
6. This is believed to be the immediate cause of the unfortunate collapse of the building during Church Service, resulting in the avoidable losses.
7. It is not known what other actions may have been taken by the new owner to obtain immediate custody of the building or comprise it.
8. It is important the Delta State Government and the Nigerian Police invites the new owner of the building in the course of their investigations on the cause of the collapse.
Just before the CollapseThe Building which housed Salvation Ministries in Okpanam, Delta State, Nigeria belonged to Barrister Benjamin Okonkwo. It was recently sold in December 2021; the new owner was carrying out modifications on the property while church service was on. Here is the actual footage of the building immediately before the collapse.
Credit: David Ibiyeomie, Isaac Atehe