Spread the love
TOPIC: PATHWAY TO DIVINE WISDOM FOR LEADERSHIP
Scripture :Joshua 1: 8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The wisdom for leadership has several pathways to access it.
One of such pathways is gleaning from the life of Joshua as a leader. Immediately, after the death of Moses, Joshua was asked to step into his shoe and lead the people of God into the promise land. However, God gave him the secret of accessing divine wisdom via MEDITATION!
Therefore another pathway to wisdom is meditation and that is our focus today, accessing wisdom by meditation!
What does it mean to meditate?
1. It means to spend time in quiet thoughts
2. It means to focus one’s thoughts or : reflect on or ponder over
3. It means to engage in contemplation or reflection
What then are we meditating on?
1. Meditate about God-the creator of the universe :
Psalm 63: 6. When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
2. The word of God
Psalm 119: 148. Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
What is the difference between worries and meditation?
When your problem occupies your mind, that is worries but meditation is allowing God and the word of God to occupy your mind.
The Bible did not say we should not think because as humans we are bound to think!
There is constructive thinking and there’s destructive thinking. What we must avoid is destructive thinking.
Hence the Bible gives us the boundaries of what to think about! If whatever you are thinking on fails the test of Philippians 4:8, then discard it:
Philippians 4: 8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things .
From this scripture (Phil.4:8), there are seven things that whatever you are thinking should pass through and then you know the right thing to think about!
There are so many children of God who are worrying but they call it meditation! Meditation is not worrying, don’t destroy your health with worries.
How does meditation bring wisdom?
1. Meditation ventilates the mind of wrong concepts that hitherto occupied it(Dan.2:29).
2. It opens up the mind for free flow of divine ideas (Lk.15:17)
3. It gives room for divinity to commune with humanity through the spirit of man(Job 32:8).
Job 32: 8. But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Dearly Beloved, this is how inventions are born! Innovative ideas flow from the altar of meditation. That issue of concern can birth invention if you can get scriptures that address it and meditate until light and direction burst out of it! That’s accessing wisdom!
Please note that one major enemy of the flow of divine wisdom via meditation is sexual sin! Because, it has the capacity to block the mind from receiving divine wisdom! So, if you must access wisdom via meditation avoid sexual sin. It blinds the mind!
Examples of men who practice meditation and were mighty in wisdom:
1. Issac (Gen. 24:63)
3. David (Psalm 119:97)
4. Job(Job 28:20)
5. Paul was a man of wisdom and also given to meditation, hence he asked his son in the Lord to learn to meditate(1Tim. 4:15)
Dearly Beloved, God has not changed, He is still willing to dish out divine wisdom to as many as are willing to approach Him through the channel of meditation. Meditate your way into wisdom and you will be an excellent leader!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real, where do you want to spend eternity? Jesus loves you!
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive grace to meditate upon you and your words to me daily and as such access wisdom in Jesus Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of grace for meditation upon you now in Jesus name.
– Every worry that has occupied your life before now is removed by the power of the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus.
– Worries drain energy and give high blood pressure, May you be delivered from all forms of worries in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.