TOPIC: PRAYER- KEY TO ACTIVATING FAVOUR (PART 2)
Scripture:1 Chronicles 4: 10. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of prayer as a key to activating favour, we shall be considering how prayer helps to activate favour.
How does Prayer activate Favour?
Our anchor scripture in 1Chro.4:10, open up the story of a man who was born in sorrow, his name is Jabez! He looked at himself and decided to engage in the key of prayer that turned his fortune around.
The lesson here is that your case is not closed until your mouth is closed. A closed mouth is a closed destiny, don’t allow anyone to pity you, rather position yourself as a candidate for favour.
Prayer activates favour through the following:
1. By turning the heart of your benefactor towards you: Prayer can make your destiny helper to be fond of you.
2. By compelling men to favour you.
Exodus 12: 36. And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.
This is what happens when men pray! Your enemy can be compelled to give to you by God.
Remember these people had been praying for a long period now because God said I have heard their prayers (Exo.3;7)! So in response to their prayers favour was activated.
Beloved, you too can activate favour in your life by turning on the key of prayer.
3. Your constant talking to God in prayer can move God to speak to XYZ persons to favour you! And when God speaks every other person is a noise maker.
4. It can keep the door of favour open where every other key fails:
Ecclesiastes 9: 11. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
You can observe here that, it is possible to deliver values by being skillful yet no favour! This is where the key of prayer comes to play. When your honesty, your skills, your training cannot position you to be in the right place where you can be favoured, then prayer will take you there.
5. Prayer is required to break the yoke of disfavour or when you notice the favour you are enjoying sunddenly stops. A good example is Esther! She came into the palace by favour and a time came when she discovered that her husband was no longer interested in her.
Esther observed that for a period of 30days her husband did not ask for her welfare nor was he interested in her. All because an occultic man was manipulating her husband and her favour seemed to be arrested. But when she decided to take the bull by the horn, she declared a fasting and prayer exercise and the power diverting her favour was arrested;
Esther 4: 16. Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
Beloved, you too can follow suit! You can wage war against the spirit of disfavour! You can wage war against the powers that are diverting your favour and blessings. Every child of God is expected to walk in certain dimensions of favour, if it is not happening then an enemy is busy diverting your favour. It is time to rise up and wage war against such powers in the place of prayer.
Beloved, check your life and be provoked in your spirit! If all that you have is only gotten by your labour then you are not walking in favour. It is time to break free from such cycles of no favour. If our Lord Jesus Christ required favour to succeed, then you need favour to succeed in life.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The time to resolve on where to spend eternity is now, give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive the grace to pray out my favour in the name of Jesus.
– I declare your set time to be favoured is now! You will not be a victim of disfavour again in the name of Jesus.
– May the angel of favour bring your name, your picture, your address, your phone number to your destiny helper in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.