TOPIC: WHY YOU MUST PRAY FOR MERCY (PART 2)
Scripture: Psalm 4: 1. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we established why everyone including believers and unbelievers need the mercy of God. And today we intend to continue.
From our anchor scripture, we observe the passionate cry for mercy of a man who is in dire need of mercy. However many are not crying for mercy probably because they do not know why we need mercy!
Why must I pray for mercy?
1. It is the only provision designed by God to remedy for human limitations
2. It is a system where the guilty are set free from guilt (for details of these check yesterday’s meditation).
3. It is a mechanism of getting freedom from curses and diabolical powers: One way to come out of curses and break loose from diabolical powers is by invoking the mercy of God. Many of us have suffered strange attacks because of the covenant our fore- fathers entered into by fraternizing with the devil. Many of us have blamed our parents because of what their transactions with the devil has brought upon us.
Beloved, rather than sitting down to play the blame game, seek for solution.
One of the surest solutions is demanding for the mercy of God! “Oh I came out of a cursed family, but Lord let your mercy bail me out!” Perhaps, your case is “I don’t know why I was born like this, every inch of my steps are faced with rejection and frustration”, your response should be ”oh Lord let your mercy speak for me.”
A good example of someone that broke out of foundational curse was blind Bartimaeous who was born blind!
His surname was Timaeous but his condition replaced his surname as blind Bartimaeous.
Mark 10: 47. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
When he called on the mercy of God, that day the curse of blindness broke.
Beloved, you too can call on the God of mercy to terminate every ancestral curse that is ravaging your life and family.
You can invoke the mercy of God for the curse of stealing or transgression that is currently operating in your life, by saying, “I know I actually opened the door for this (mention it by name to God), but Lord have mercy on me.”
Another example was Samson! He understood too late that the Philistines were using dabolical powers on him. It was when they were sacrificing to their god that Samson get to know. For the Bible said:
Judges 16: 23. Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.
When Samson understood the dabolical powers he was contending with, he simply pleaded for mercy.
Beloved, when you are in the midst of unending battles, what to seek for then is the mercy of God! Perhaps, you have prayed and prayed yet no hope in view, then switch over to the mercy of God!
This is the only voice that can bring down the Hand of God in the midst of problems you don’t know the way out of. Both ancestral curses, self inflicted curses and diabolical powers and all manners of afflictions submit when we invoke the mercy of God.
How then do you invoke the mercy of God?
1. It takes a broken and a contrite heart to access the mercy of God.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. To reject the love of God is to reject mercy. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father, I need your mercy to terminate every battle confronting me right now in the name of Jesus
– I declare an end has come to that endless battle in your life in the name of Jesus.
– By the force of mercy, I speak against every occultic and dabolical power manipulating your destiny to expire by fire in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.