TOPIC: PRESERVED BY LIGHT
Scripture: Exodus 14: 20. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The journey of the children of Israel was an exciting journey from Egypt to the Promised Land! Today, we shall draw a lesson from this exciting journey.
Lesson to learn from this story
The lesson is that of preservation.
The people of God could travel through desert places because God’s light served as a preservative to them! No wild life could harass or attack them because God was their light:
Exodus 14: 20. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
Observe the scripture above, even their enemies could not come close to them because of divine preservation by light! God did a miracle such that what was light to the people of God become darkness to the enemy and by so doing, He preserved His people.
Beloved, just the way the people of God were preserved by light, that is how we are also preserved in our world today by light. Although in their own case it was a physical light but in our case it is spiritual.
How are we preserved by light?
1. Light equals illumination, and to be illuminated is to be wise! We are preserved by wisdom. For the Bible said;
Ecclesiastes 7: 12. For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
Observe from this scripture that money is a defence and wisdom is also a defence but wisdom is superior to money because it will give life to those that have it. This implies that if you possess wisdom, you will have light that can handle various forms of attacks such as afflictions, poverty, witchcrafts, diseases etc from hell. Wisdom forbids you to take a wrong decision that can cut your life short or do things that could harm your life and by so doing your life is preserved.
2. Light equals knowledge. To know God is to is to be preserved! To possess revelational knowledge of God is to be preserved:
Hosea 4: 6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
So, your life can be preserved by the revelational knowledge of God that is at work in you! To lack the knowledge of God is to be destroyed cheaply. You shall not be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
3. Light equals understanding! When you understand a matter, it gives you a kind of mastery over that matter and as such, the understanding you have about God and life in general can preserve you;
Proverbs 2: 11. Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
In conclusion, anyone who is in possession of light can be preserved by light. If God preserved the people of old by light, we also need light to be preserved in our world today.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision to spend eternity with God begins now. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I need your light that can preserve my life through this wicked world in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy your status is changing, you are moving from glory to glory
– I declare the daily lights you are receiving will preserve you in this evil days in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.