TOPIC: PROVOKING ALL ROUND REST
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 20: 30. So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! We bless the Lord for what He has done for us so far in this month of July! Our theme has been exploring the mystery of rest. As we round up today, we shall briefly examine how to provoke all round rest.
From our anchor scripture, we discover that God gave Jehoshaphat rest round about. What exactly did he do to provok such rest is part of our study today.
Beloved, understand that rest is a possibility in this kingdom! God reveals that by resting Himself (Gen.2:2). This is because rest is good (Gen.49:14) and without rest, no development or meaningful advancement can be achieved. (2Chro.15:5-15).
How then do you provoke rest?
1. Engaging the mystery of fasting, prayer and praises (2Chro.20;1-30): Praise is a powerful weapon that can be engaged to provoke rest. In the life of Jehoshaphat as a king of Judah, three powerful nations (Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir) ganged up against the nation of Judah.
But Jehoshaphat fasted, prayed and engaged in the mystery of praise and God set in and the enemies ended up killing themselves. And the Bible said God gave Jehoshaphat rest round about:
2 Chronicles 20: 30. So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.
Beloved, do you desire rest in any dimension? The Jehoshaphat strategy of fasting, prayer and praises can do the wonder that you desire! Have you fasted and prayed? Then engage the mystery of praise and certainly rest is sure when you engage these mysteries.
2. Submitting to a teaching priest and the word of God(2Chro.15:3-5); The nation of Judah was restless as long there was no submission to the word of God and the ministry of a teaching priest. But when they adjusted themselves rest smiled on them.
Beloved, your submission to the word of God and the ministry of a teaching priest will save you from restlessness in your marriage, business and journey of life.
3. By entering into a covenant with God (2Chr.15:12). A covenant is an agreement with God based on the terms of His word. This was the secret of Judah! Anyone who wants to have rest in any realm should enter a covenant with God in that realm.
For example, financial rest comes on the platform of covenant (Deut.8:18)! If you desire rest financially, this covenant is what you must enter and so it is with any other realm where you desire rest.
4. Turning your life to a true God(2Chro.15:3). Judah the people of God were without a true God, idolatry was the order of the day and as such there was trouble on all sides! When a man chooses to turn his life away from God, restlessness continues as the Bible said:
Psalm 16: 4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
Judah continued in the problem of restlessness, no peace until she turned to the God of heaven:
2 Chronicles 15: 15. And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.
Beloved, are you still looking unto the devil for protection?
Probably, you tied charms and talisman all around you, thinking those things could save you or protect you in the day of trouble.
Probably, You decided to join the occult, secret cult because they promised you rest, protection, riches etc! But since you joined them, peace has eluded you! I have a good news for you today, there is rest and peace for you in Jesus!
Turn to the God of heaven the only true God and He will grant unto you the real rest. Rest round about is only possible in God.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision of where to spend eternity begins now, give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, help me to submit to your word and the ministry of a teaching priest in Jesus name.
– I declare the God of rest will give you all round rest this season in the name of Jesus.
– Whatever, is the limitation to your rest is hereby arrested now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love