TOPIC: RELATIONSHIPS – KEY TO ACTIVATING FAVOUR (PART 2)
Scripture: 1 Samuel 2: 26. And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of what we started sharing yesterday on how relationship activate favour, today, we shall press further into this matter.
Relationships are the currency of men with true riches. This explains why you are not really rich enough if you don’t have solid strategic relationship.
I pointed out yesterday that it is possible to enjoy favour based on your ancestry. There are families that are in strong relationship with the devil such that nothing positive is permitted to happen except disfavour.
If you find yourself in such family you need to disconnect yourself from that evil foundation and get out of every wrong covenant that is binding on that family, so that you can start enjoying favour.
From our anchor scripture we discover Samuel growing in favour that was activated by his mother through her relationship with God(1Sam.1:11,26-28).
This is to all parents, the covenant walk you are in with God, will definitely impart on your posterity, therefore ensure your relationship with God is genuine.
Please understand that when God starts taking a man up, He will often open doors of strategic relationship and expect men to maintain those relationships.
Take note, it is not all relationships that you must maintain, however strategic ones that are important to your destiny walk must be maintained!
Our inability to maintain strategic relationship is the reason why we are sometimes grounded. The reason why people are up today down tomorrow is this missing link, called relationship.
The money, the anointing and whatever you are looking for is in the hands of men and it will take relationship to access them!
Therefore we must do anything possible to maintain strategic relationships whenever God brings us in contact with one.
What then does it cost to maintain strategic relationships?
1. It will cost you honour: There are relationships that you can only maintain by honour. Honour means to esteem a person! It is the discerning, the celebration, the rewarding of the usefulness of a person.
The cheapest form of expressing honour is by gratitude. If you cannot say thank you for a simple act of kindness received from either your husband or wife, it will be difficult to give honour in such relationship. We must learn to honour all men to be able to maintain strategic relationship.
2. It will cost you tolerance: Tolerance is forbearance! It is willingness to accept feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.
There are some persons that are very difficult to relate with, yet you need their connection. It will take you tolerance to maintain such relationship.
The idea of I don’t take nonsense will not help certain relationships.
We must learn to tolerate one another according to the scriptures;
Ephesians 4: 2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
There are those whom you are trying to groom and raise up yet they are constantly breaking your heart, here what the Bible said:
Ephesians 6: 9. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
Even between husband and wife we must learn to tolerate one another for the purpose of maintaining the relationship:
Colossians 3: 13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
3. It will cost you sacrifice: sacrifice of your time and resources. This is particularly for those who want to be in relationship with God. It must cost you your time. You know time is the unit of life! Whatever takes your time is assumed to have taken your life.
Whatever you give your time to, is what you are giving your life to! It takes time to know God! It takes time to pray and study etc. To have a solid relationship with God, you must devote all your life to God
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision of where to spend eternity is best made now give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I ask for grace to maintain strategic relationship in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the favour of God, may it envelope you this season in the name of Jesus
– The lifting hands of the Lord lift you up this season. The favour you could not imagine, may you receive it this season in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.