Heartburn is usually a burning pain in the chest that is caused by stomach acid entering the gullet. As a matter of fact, heartburn is just a symptom of acid reflux, or GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease). GERD is the medical terms for heartburn, so before talking about ways via which you can relieve this particular condition, I will be talking about what it means and what the things that can cause this condition are.
Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a very chronic digestive disease. GERD occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, stomach content, flows back into your food pipe (esophagus). The backwash (reflux) irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes GERD.
Both acid reflux and heartburn are common digestive conditions that many people experience from time to time. When these signs and symptoms occur at least twice each week or interfere with your daily life, or when your doctor can see damage to your esophagus, you may be diagnosed with GERD.
Most people can manage the discomfort of GERD with lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medications. But some people with GERD may need stronger medications, or even surgery, to reduce symptoms. And some symptoms of these conditions include burning sensation in the throat, hoarseness, coughing, nausea, irritation, asthma-like symptoms, wheezing, eroded tooth enamel, and food getting stuck in the throat.
What are the things that trigger this condition?
It is very important to know things that lead to this condition. The abdominal fat in obese or older people can affect the function of the esophagus. Even, the aging process can also reduce the strength of the esophageal sphincter. Also some food and beverages can facilitate the symptom of this condition which includes Alcohol, Chocolate, Caffeine, Nicotine, Spicy, Greasy, and Fatty Foods.
Now that we are aware of what this condition means and things that triggers them. It is necessary we look into,
NATURAL WAY YOU CAN RELIEVE THIS PARTICULAR CONDITION CALLED HEARTBURNS.
- REDUCTION IN WEIGHT. Since obese and heavy weights are prune to experiencing heartburn, it is very advisable to lose about 8-10 pounds of weight, if you are of the type of very heavy weight. As result shows that losing weight, reduce the risk of having heart burn. We have an article on ways you can reduce your weight naturally, you also read that so as to guide you on ways to lose your weight naturally without any complications.
- CHANGE YOUR DIET. This is another way in which you can reduce the risk of this particular condition, even when many know about things that can trigger heartburns, they still find it difficult to let go of this things. I tell you, you are not doing yourself any good at all, if you are the type that still holds onto a particular diet at the expense of your health. If you really desire to have freedom from heartburn disease you need to shun eating of junks and processed food as well as those that are listed above for the sake of your health.
- Drinking WARM WATER WITH MELON 15-20 minutes before meal will also help to balance out the level of acid in your body.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. Are you the one of the many who thinks overproduction of acid cause indigestion and reflux? Well, latest study proves this to be wrong. In fact, it’s totally the opposite. Medical expert explains you need to eat highly acidic foods to stimulate the production of acid. Why? Well it is because we need more acid to digest food properly, so as to avoid the flow back of foods. So, consuming foods and beverage like apple cider vinegar will help you out.
- SLEEPING ON THE LEFT SIDE. This is actually a very good advice for relieving your heartburn disease. Sleeping on your right side or on your stomach worsens this condition more. On the other hand, sleeping on the left side can relive your GERD symptoms. Sleeping on wrong side puts pressures on your intestine and relaxes the esophageal sphincter.
These are just few list on how you can relieve this particular condition, there are several ways via which this can be relieve or avoided, there are also some herbals and supplement that can help you out in the cases of this conditions such as Slippery Elm, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Baking Soda, Fenugreek, Chamomile, Peppermint Tea And So On. Even, Chewing of Gum is also a pathway to avoiding this condition, because chewing gum stimulates the production of saliva which reduces the amount of acid in the esophagus. So whenever you sense the symptoms of heartburn, grab a stick of gum. But this must on usual cases as chewing of gum has its own side effect. Eating of red apple when you feel this symptom is also another way out.